Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth to UK flights question

Perth to UK flights question

Old Apr 12th 2006, 1:36 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Perth to UK flights question

Looking to book a holiday in the UK later in the year, but as with most things I dont know of any cheap flight places to book through, if we were doing it the other way around I would know loads of avenues to go up, but alas dont know many from this end, I suppose my question is where can I book the cheapest Perth to Manchester flights through, here in Perth. Cheers if you can add anything.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 3:56 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth to UK flights question

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Looking to book a holiday in the UK later in the year, but as with most things I dont know of any cheap flight places to book through, if we were doing it the other way around I would know loads of avenues to go up, but alas dont know many from this end, I suppose my question is where can I book the cheapest Perth to Manchester flights through, here in Perth. Cheers if you can add anything.
I think flight centre usually has some of the best deals, but its always worth while checking direct with the airline for any specials they may be offering. Lowest fares will probably be with Royal Brunei unless someone else is offering a really good deal, but getting the availability can be a bit harder with them.

Lynn
Old Apr 12th 2006, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

www.cheapflights.com.au and click on cheap flights, you will get a few companies there.
carole
Old Apr 12th 2006, 5:47 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caroledouglas
www.cheapflights.com.au and click on cheap flights, you will get a few companies there.
carole
Don't know about the costs, but the quickest way is with Emirates on EK 425/EK 019 elapsed time is 20 hours, this compares with 24 via Singapore, and 31 via Kuala Lumpa

Quick summary

EK 425/EK 019
Via DXB
20:00

EK 421/EK 017
Via DXB
20:45

QF 71/SQ 346
Via SIN
24:00

QF 71/*VS 7346
Via SIN
24:00

SQ 226/SQ 346
Via SIN
23:35

SQ 226/*VS 7346
Via SIN
23:35

MH 124/MH 12
Via KUL
31:10

All you need to know about Dubai is here
Old Apr 12th 2006, 6:55 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

www.bruneiair.com is the cheapest - one stopover in Brunei, one stopover in Perth. depending on the travel day the stopovers can be as short as an hour.

("karma earned not whored" - me too - *cough* )
Old Apr 12th 2006, 2:22 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.
Old Apr 12th 2006, 2:36 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MJC
Don't know about the costs, but the quickest way is with Emirates on EK 425/EK 019 elapsed time is 20 hours, this compares with 24 via Singapore, and 31 via Kuala Lumpa

]

I think those quotes for flying times via Singapore and KL are a bit out!!

I've flown it a number of times and it's usually 12 ish hours to Singapore/KL (13 on the way back) and then 4.5-5 hours to Perth, total flying time = approx 17 hours!

Michelle
Old Apr 12th 2006, 3:44 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michellemac
I think those quotes for flying times via Singapore and KL are a bit out!!

I've flown it a number of times and it's usually 12 ish hours to Singapore/KL (13 on the way back) and then 4.5-5 hours to Perth, total flying time = approx 17 hours!

Michelle
I hear wht you say, those are elapsed times point to point ie, from the moment you get on at Perth, to the moment you get off at Manchester.

And they're accurate, Believe me.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
I hear wht you say, those are elapsed times point to point ie, from the moment you get on at Perth, to the moment you get off at Manchester.

And they're accurate, Believe me.
I reckon Perth to Gatwick is more like 18 hours elapsed - definitely the quickest of all.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 5:55 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies, very helpful.
*cough* giggle ta