Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Train season ticket

Perth Train season ticket

Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default Perth Train season ticket

Hi all,

I have been looking at the Smartrider cards and details around a possible season ticket for train/cat travel to and from Perth (5 days a week). Whilst looking around I don't see an option to but a season ticket? 3/6/12 months? is this right?

Would the only option be load up a smartcard and for it to calculate the best prices?

I am still looking into it but thought someone might know about the best options straight away?? From Rockingham - Perth

Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Perth Train season ticket

You add value when you need it at the machines at most stations or, like me, have a card that when it goes below a certain value ($10 on mine I think) Transperth take an automatic payment from your account and in my case this is $100.

HTH but ask if you need anything further.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kingseat
You add value when you need it at the machines at most stations or, like me, have a card that when it goes below a certain value ($10 on mine I think) Transperth take an automatic payment from your account and in my case this is $100.

HTH but ask if you need anything further.

Hi, Yeah I get the jist of this process as I have justed faxed off an autoload form which then also gives me 25% discount.. What I mean is; when I was in the uk I could travel from SOuthampton Airport - Waterloo London "Daycard" for £64 peak return. If I chose for a week train ticket for the same journey it was £129 so basically a 3 day saving!!!

My question was around Perth train weekly/monthly/annual tickets.. there does not seem to be any

I know it is cheap but just was poking around to see what the best deal is for someone who commutes 5 zones everyday!!

Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by stellaman
Hi, Yeah I get the jist of this process as I have justed faxed off an autoload form which then also gives me 25% discount.. What I mean is; when I was in the uk I could travel from SOuthampton Airport - Waterloo London "Daycard" for £64 peak return. If I chose for a week train ticket for the same journey it was £129 so basically a 3 day saving!!!

My question was around Perth train weekly/monthly/annual tickets.. there does not seem to be any

I know it is cheap but just was poking around to see what the best deal is for someone who commutes 5 zones everyday!!

Thanks
The cheapest option is a Smartrider with Auto Load. Transperth don't have Season Tickets as such. Cash or Smartcard only.