British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Perth Train season ticket (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/perth-train-season-ticket-661075/)

stellaman Mar 25th 2010 5:07 am

Perth Train season ticket

Hi all,

I have been looking at the Smartrider cards and details around a possible season ticket for train/cat travel to and from Perth (5 days a week). Whilst looking around I don't see an option to but a season ticket? 3/6/12 months? is this right?

Would the only option be load up a smartcard and for it to calculate the best prices? :confused:

I am still looking into it but thought someone might know about the best options straight away?? From Rockingham - Perth

Thanks

Kingseat Mar 25th 2010 5:15 am

Re: Perth Train season ticket

You add value when you need it at the machines at most stations or, like me, have a card that when it goes below a certain value ($10 on mine I think) Transperth take an automatic payment from your account and in my case this is $100.

HTH but ask if you need anything further.

stellaman Mar 25th 2010 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Kingseat (Post 8446905)
You add value when you need it at the machines at most stations or, like me, have a card that when it goes below a certain value ($10 on mine I think) Transperth take an automatic payment from your account and in my case this is $100.

HTH but ask if you need anything further.

Hi, Yeah I get the jist of this process as I have justed faxed off an autoload form which then also gives me 25% discount.. What I mean is; when I was in the uk I could travel from SOuthampton Airport - Waterloo London "Daycard" for £64 peak return. If I chose for a week train ticket for the same journey it was £129 so basically a 3 day saving!!! :eek::eek:

My question was around Perth train weekly/monthly/annual tickets.. there does not seem to be any :thumbdown:

I know it is cheap but just was poking around to see what the best deal is for someone who commutes 5 zones everyday!!

Thanks

Swing-Your-Pants Mar 25th 2010 6:48 am

Originally Posted by stellaman (Post 8446922)
Hi, Yeah I get the jist of this process as I have justed faxed off an autoload form which then also gives me 25% discount.. What I mean is; when I was in the uk I could travel from SOuthampton Airport - Waterloo London "Daycard" for £64 peak return. If I chose for a week train ticket for the same journey it was £129 so basically a 3 day saving!!! :eek::eek:

My question was around Perth train weekly/monthly/annual tickets.. there does not seem to be any :thumbdown:

I know it is cheap but just was poking around to see what the best deal is for someone who commutes 5 zones everyday!!

Thanks

The cheapest option is a Smartrider with Auto Load. Transperth don't have Season Tickets as such. Cash or Smartcard only.