Perth suburbs

Old May 16th 2006, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Perth suburbs

What is Greenwood like?

What is Noranda like?

What are the areas to avoid? We want a nice family neighbourhood.
Old May 16th 2006, 11:32 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth suburbs

Originally Posted by Luma
What is Greenwood like?

What is Noranda like?

What are the areas to avoid? We want a nice family neighbourhood.
I found Noranda to be ok....was only there for 3weeks mind...OH's mates been there for 6 years and wouldnt move from there...near Morley which has the Galleria shopping area.
Old May 16th 2006, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Cant help with Noranda.........dont even know where it is.......but Greenwood is ok. Short drive to Hillarys from there.
What other sububrs are you looking at?
Old May 16th 2006, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We want to look at:

Churchlands, Woodlands, Innaloo, Doubleview, Carine, Duncraig, Sorrento, Hillarys, Kingsley

But.....
our budget is a bit short of AUD400K so we're a bit limited - as we'll most probably not find anything in these areas.

We're going to look at Ellenbrook as well.

I also want to take a look at the hills - Gooseberryhill, Lesmurdie, Greenmount etc

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Cant help with Noranda.........dont even know where it is.......but Greenwood is ok. Short drive to Hillarys from there.
What other sububrs are you looking at?
Old May 16th 2006, 11:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning, Luma. Try this link to Perth suburbs. There is a rating of a lot of them with links to other areas of interest for people moving to Perth http://movetoperth.com/info/suburbs/...owserlong.html
Old May 16th 2006, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. I've seen that before - I guess I'll have to do more research on it.

Originally Posted by dotnron
Good morning, Luma. Try this link to Perth suburbs. There is a rating of a lot of them with links to other areas of interest for people moving to Perth http://movetoperth.com/info/suburbs/...owserlong.html
Old May 17th 2006, 2:20 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

We want to look at:

Churchlands, Woodlands, Innaloo, Doubleview, Carine, Duncraig, Sorrento, Hillarys, Kingsley

But.....
our budget is a bit short of AUD400K so we're a bit limited - as we'll most probably not find anything in these areas.

We're going to look at Ellenbrook as well.

I also want to take a look at the hills - Gooseberryhill, Lesmurdie, Greenmount etc
With your budget you would find something in Greenwood, (entry level properties there would be start around the $350K mark) it will really depend on what size/condition you expect, if your prepared to re-kitchen/bathroom decorate a property then it shouldnt be an issue at around this price point. I think its still pretty good value at that sort of money given its possible from some houses to walk to the train which is about a 10min rush hour journey into the CBD, is right by the freeway, is within a 10min drive to the beach.
Of the suburbs you've put at the top I doubt unless you are looking at an apartment/unit you will get anything near $400K, Inaloo you probably would, carine and kingsley you might get close but I dont know them as suburbs to well so could be wrong.

The other places you have listed are all way inland so I would think prices would be cheaper (or at list a bigger block for the same money) Im not familiar with them so cant give any specific view.

If your looking at Greenwood and decide that thats a good area for what you need also consider Warwick, Hammersley, and any suburbs that border these, further inland or north you go from these generally the cheaper it will be.
Steve
Old May 17th 2006, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for info Steve.

We don't mind finding a place that we have to do a lot of work on.

Originally Posted by steve99
With your budget you would find something in Greenwood, (entry level properties there would be start around the $350K mark) it will really depend on what size/condition you expect, if your prepared to re-kitchen/bathroom decorate a property then it shouldnt be an issue at around this price point. I think its still pretty good value at that sort of money given its possible from some houses to walk to the train which is about a 10min rush hour journey into the CBD, is right by the freeway, is within a 10min drive to the beach.
Of the suburbs you've put at the top I doubt unless you are looking at an apartment/unit you will get anything near $400K, Inaloo you probably would, carine and kingsley you might get close but I dont know them as suburbs to well so could be wrong.

The other places you have listed are all way inland so I would think prices would be cheaper (or at list a bigger block for the same money) Im not familiar with them so cant give any specific view.

If your looking at Greenwood and decide that thats a good area for what you need also consider Warwick, Hammersley, and any suburbs that border these, further inland or north you go from these generally the cheaper it will be.
Steve
Old May 17th 2006, 7:54 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for info Steve.

We don't mind finding a place that we have to do a lot of work on.
I've been half heartidly looking at the Greenwood/Warwick area for about a year as an investment (buy a heap and renovate it) as I thought it was way under priced for its location. Prices have gone up significantly so i cursing big time as its now over what I could afford to invest....
But if I was coming over now it would be one of the main areas I would look at, for the price (350-400K) I still think if you buy right you could make a pretty decent profit out of it. Or if your staying end up in an improving suburb thats in an excellent allround location.
If you looked at what you get for your money and compared it to other states and cities Id be surprised if you could match it.
Old May 17th 2006, 8:09 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Steve

I don't think there will be too much choice in Greenwood for under $400k these days, or not for much longer anyway. Even if you can find something it will probably be a 3x1 in need of TLC and you will probably need a good budget for the reno. But it is IMO an area which has been undervalued for years as opposed to its neighbours, for no apparant reason.

Lynn
Old May 18th 2006, 1:39 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Steve

I don't think there will be too much choice in Greenwood for under $400k these days, or not for much longer anyway. Even if you can find something it will probably be a 3x1 in need of TLC and you will probably need a good budget for the reno. But it is IMO an area which has been undervalued for years as opposed to its neighbours, for no apparant reason.

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

I agree if its a modernised 4x2 then unlikely that you'll get something under $400K.
But they did say they were happy to put the work into bringing something up to scratch.
3x1's are generally the go around the $340 - $370K mark (we were looking at some in the high $200K's about 12months ago ) if you can find one with a decent floorplan you could prob look at a DIY facelift and adding another room and bathroom for around $50K

Here's a 4x1 that doesnt look in bad condition for $380K
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...a&fmt=&header=

All I can think of re the prices being low was that it was east of the freeway.
Steve
Old May 18th 2006, 5:47 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

We are buying a house in Carine, just fell in love with the area as soon as we visited.

Lovely schools, shops, parks and not too far (5 mins or so) to the beach.

We do look at other areas, but Carine felt right, I guess you just know when you have found the right area.

Good luck with everything!

Nicola
x