perth sub

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth sub

Originally Posted by brits1
I can do outdoors stuff everyday for 12months of the year here and still have fantastic holidays both at home and abroad.
I earned more money in Aus but I had to as cost of living was more expensive.
My commute in both countries always depended on where we lived and worked.
Houses are not cheaper in Aus and as everywhere if you have the budget you can afford bigger.

your subtext appears to be don't bother with Australia?
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
your subtext appears to be don't bother with Australia?
Oh know, I think if you want to try a different country then go for it (we have and still do) but I really think that if you go somewhere because you think you want a bigger home or your life will be better then I think it can be the wrong way to look at things, you can obtain anything like that with hard work but if you want to TRY a different country for a different experience then it should help with "getting on" better with your new country rather than just being an expat living overseas. We have been fortunate as we have a good lifestlye, we have worked very hard for that no matter where we have lived but I have seen so many peoples dreams crumble because they expected bigger homes, 4 x 4's, better jobs, better pay etc and thought a new country would automatically give it to them and that leads to other problems. There are plenty of success stories as well but too often lately I hear more of these expectations or rather expectations.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Oh know, I think if you want to try a different country then go for it (we have and still do) but I really think that if you go somewhere because you think you want a bigger home or your life will be better then I think it can be the wrong way to look at things, you can obtain anything like that with hard work but if you want to TRY a different country for a different experience then it should help with "getting on" better with your new country rather than just being an expat living overseas. We have been fortunate as we have a good lifestlye, we have worked very hard for that no matter where we have lived but I have seen so many peoples dreams crumble because they expected bigger homes, 4 x 4's, better jobs, better pay etc and thought a new country would automatically give it to them and that leads to other problems. There are plenty of success stories as well but too often lately I hear more of these expectations or rather expectations.
Ok.. I don't know what you do for a living... But in the uk I worked 2/3 jobs for 60+ hours a week.. played child care tag and my OH worked 6 days a week and for some reason... And it wasn't flash cars or a large house ....we were always playing catch up financially...

Here We both only work one job, we have great weather to enjoy the weekends and all Australia has to offer... And we get by ..and have a much better quality of life...

We didn't come here for a better life, just got lucky I suppose....

It's odd how different individual experiences differ.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Eddie,

I pinch myself everyday even after 9 years...
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Eddie,

I pinch myself everyday even after 9 years...
Because Australia is so numbingly boring? Or to make sure you're not dreaming????

Old Feb 3rd 2013, 5:33 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

yes mate, to remind myself of how far I have come, education, work, lifestyle and the places I have been to here.

FIFO mate is all I can say..fit in or ***** off.. I laugh at half the pommy numbnuts who come here and bitch and scream, if only they opened their eyes, educated themselves a little on Australia, they wouldn't struggle so much, we all go through the adjustment of moving overseas.

But the mind needs to see what the eyes will allow, open them wider and you shall find what you seek....

some good whinging points poms come out with...

cheese
bread
beans
english style curries
driving
rent
wages
qualifications
weather
flies

you name it, its been whinged about

Originally Posted by eddie007
Because Australia is so numbingly boring? Or to make sure you're not dreaming????