Reload this Page >

Perth Rekkie -April time?

Perth Rekkie -April time?

Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:54 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth Rekkie -April time?

Hi All

My friend who has visited Australia recommends we sample our desired destination (Perth) first to see the reality and be absolutely sure we are doing the right thing in emigrating.

My leave year does not start again until April though...could Perth people please advise me if this a good month to travel in terms of local weather weather ...or would March or any other month be better ??

Also, is 9 days too short with jet lag and all ?

Here's the travel offer we are considering (will use spare time to gather suburb info etc)

http://www.travelmood.com/site/austr...ls/9beyond.asp

Thank You

Dave/Wendy
Oldham
Old Dec 29th 2005, 9:04 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth Rekkie -April time?

Hi There
April last year was heading into autumn so isn't really that bad, we are expected to have a late summer as well so may keep it in the high 20's. You will get away with shorts and a light jacket for the evenings.
9 days isn't a long time, it all depends on how long your jet lag lasts for, the first time Steve came over here he took almost a week to adjust, he couldn't figure out directions at all, last time was great though no jet lag at all.

Good luck

jenny
Old Dec 29th 2005, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mindblower
Hi All

My friend who has visited Australia recommends we sample our desired destination (Perth) first to see the reality and be absolutely sure we are doing the right thing in emigrating.

My leave year does not start again until April though...could Perth people please advise me if this a good month to travel in terms of local weather weather ...or would March or any other month be better ??

Here's the travel offer we are considering (will use spare time to gather suburb info etc)

Thank You

Dave/Wendy
Oldham
Hi, Im not from perth however ..........
We went to Perth, April this year. The day we arrive it was in the 40s
and like stepping into an oven!! We spent lots of days on the beaches (we went for three weeks). It was lovely, we had a day of storms, heaviest rain I've ever seen and even that was brilliant experience!!.
I don't know if 9 days is long enough, we have 3 young sons and the sleeping patterns were out for a couple of days but nothing we couldn't cope with. I can't remember it affecting us going out and about we just seemed to be starving at 4 in the morning.
Even when the 3 weeks were up we felt we could of done with longer there but I think thats more to do with the fact we loved Perth and just didn't want to come home full stop!!
Good luck, have a lovely time
Sharon
Old Dec 29th 2005, 9:13 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Just had a look on the web site for the 9 day accomodation etc, have you though of emailing the hotels direct, I nearly gagged on the cost, no honestly I think you could do better. Either way you will need to hire a car or use the bus and train system if you want to look at subburbs, I think the first hotel is in the city, which is fine but the drive to Scarborough is only about 30 mins and yes the scenery ie the beach and sea is great but think you will enjoy it more if you have a hire car sorted.
Yep go car hire, its really the only way to see the new subburbs as the bus system to some subburbs isn't all that great, and its a lot of wasted time going from trains to bus to look at a few areas.

You could even just stay at a hotel in the city for the whole time if you like the idea of being central, at least you can go either north or south from there without much hassel.

Hope I have given you some ideas, pm me if you need any info
Jenny
Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:15 am

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Dave & Wendy,

We went out at that time this year to validate our visas & the weather was fine for most of the time - high 30s on arrival down to low 20s. We did have a couple of days of rain, in fact the day we had been due to go over to Rottnest Island there were 45 knot winds (I'm told that's not too calm?) - no worries on that score though, I rang up the boat company and we transfered to a couple of days later when it was in the late 20s all day.

I'd check when Easter falls - we ended up going into a hotel (Saville Suites) close to the WACCA as we struggled to rent a decent enough house. It ended up being around Aus$190 a night but for that we got two bedrooms, a sitting room and kitchen (with laundry!). Location was ideal, but you'd nead a car (no problem, we could see three hire car places from the hotel balcony).

Nine days enough? We spent two weeks in Perth and another in Sydney to see my other cousin over that side. We spent a couple of days looking at different areas and another day looking at new builds. I would say nine days is a little short, but better than not going.

Hope this helps,

Chris
Old Dec 29th 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

HI there

We are heading out to Perth for a reccie on the 24th March for a reccie for 3 weeks. I have booked the flights and am just in the process of finding accomodation and car rental, thats me, hubby and two boys (1 & 3). Cant wait - really struggled with getting the flights I wanted though. Maybe see you there
will keep my eyes peeled

Lindsey
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Darren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant futureDarren S has a brilliant future

Hi There

We did a recce in April last year and was there for 7 days. The weather was good most days and I think we had 2 cloudy days. The Jet lag was not a problem for us. Left Manchester at 10am-13hr flight to Singapore-3 hours in Singapore then 5 hours to Perth. Didn't sleep at all on way to Singapore, had a shower in the hotel and more beers Slept most of the way to Perth and arrived at 3pm. Had a walk near the swan river once we had checked in and went to bed around 530pm-up at 8pm, meal and lots of drinks. In bed at 1am up at 9am and we went on from there-no problems sleeping, a little weary towards the end of the day but jet lag is supposed to mean you can't sleep when you should etc so in that respect did not suffer at all. Same on return.
W stayed in Scarborough for 5 of the 7 days at the indian ocan hotel-really good and discount for 5 nights-think it was $60 per room

Good luck

Darren

Hi All

Thank You

Dave/Wendy
Oldham[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 29th 2005, 3:12 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
HI there

We are heading out to Perth for a reccie on the 24th March for a reccie for 3 weeks. I have booked the flights and am just in the process of finding accomodation and car rental, thats me, hubby and two boys (1 & 3). Cant wait - really struggled with getting the flights I wanted though. Maybe see you there
will keep my eyes peeled

Lindsey

Trip not guaranteed, but hopefully speak to you at manchester meetin Feb.

Dave