Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Washing Machines.......aaaarrrggghhh

Washing Machines.......aaaarrrggghhh

Old Dec 23rd 2005, 6:50 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Washing Machines.......aaaarrrggghhh

Christmas Eve tomorrow and our washing machine has died on us.... with two 6 month old babies in the house . We were rather hoping it would last until we left for Oz.

I'm dashing down to Curry's in the morning to buy a new one, but I guess this means we will be taking it to Oz with us, rather than chucking it as we go.

Can anyone advise us whether there are any compatibility problems with washing machines between UK and Oz - any makes we should or shouldn't consider?

Thanks

Buzzy
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:01 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Washing Machines.......aaaarrrggghhh

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Christmas Eve tomorrow and our washing machine has died on us.... with two 6 month old babies in the house . We were rather hoping it would last until we left for Oz.

I'm dashing down to Curry's in the morning to buy a new one, but I guess this means we will be taking it to Oz with us, rather than chucking it as we go.

Can anyone advise us whether there are any compatibility problems with washing machines between UK and Oz - any makes we should or shouldn't consider?

Thanks

Buzzy
Hi I wanted a new washer to take to Oz, my brother is a washing machine repair man he always swears by Hotpoint, we've just bought the Ultima with matching dryer 1600 spin, 6kg, super silent, its lovely I've spent many an evening with a glass of wine just sat watching it

unfortunatley it dosnt play CD's as advertised on the telly

Possoms
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:07 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by possoms
it's lovely I've spent many an evening with a glass of wine just sat watching it
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:19 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Thanks

Buzzy
I assume you are talking front loaders here.

We took our Zanussi washing machine to Oz with us and all we had to do was change the plug. I think back in 1997 it cost an extra 40 pounds to ship a washing machine. It didn't break down at all but we did have to replace it as it was getting rusty at the bottom due to sitting in water that came from a loose outlet pipe. Zanussi isn't available out here but Whirlpool, Ariston, Simpson Miele are.

PL
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:34 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Washing Machines.......aaaarrrggghhh

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi I wanted a new washer to take to Oz, my brother is a washing machine repair man he always swears by Hotpoint, we've just bought the Ultima with matching dryer 1600 spin, 6kg, super silent, its lovely I've spent many an evening with a glass of wine just sat watching it

unfortunatley it dosnt play CD's as advertised on the telly

Possoms

Also unfortunately I've just looked and Curry's don't sell that one and I need to buy from somewhere I can take it home immediately!!!!

Currys seems to be about the only place.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:36 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Unhappy Re: Washing Machines.......aaaarrrggghhh

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
I assume you are talking front loaders here.

We took our Zanussi washing machine to Oz with us and all we had to do was change the plug. I think back in 1997 it cost an extra 40 pounds to ship a washing machine. It didn't break down at all but we did have to replace it as it was getting rusty at the bottom due to sitting in water that came from a loose outlet pipe. Zanussi isn't available out here but Whirlpool, Ariston, Simpson Miele are.

PL

Thanks Princess Leia, yes I'm talking front loaders, even if I was used to top loaders the chances of me finding one at 9am on Christmas Eve is nil to zilch.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:38 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Thanks

Buzzy
we went through this about 4 weeks ago, i came home to "the washing machine has packed up, we need a new one". "whats this we business??? . so i now how you feel, although must admit we don't have two six month olds.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:42 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: Washing Machines.......aaaarrrggghhh

Originally Posted by sparks124
we went through this about 4 weeks ago, i came home to "the washing machine has packed up, we need a new one". "whats this we business??? . so i now how you feel, although must admit we don't have two six month olds.
Which new one did you decide on?

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 7:57 pm
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Which new one did you decide on?

Cheers

Buzzy
it's an LG direct drive (no belt) very very quiet, no vibration. 1600rpm spin, 7.5Kg load. excellent machine, £500 down from £600. that was at least four if not six weeks ago from curry's.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:14 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had to buy a new one as well, we also hoped our old one would last out so we could bin it when we left but wasn't to be ...

We got the Hotpoint Aquarius ... from Comet and will be taking it with us (remember to keep the bolts and wrapping for shipping).

Whatever you do DO NOT use empire direct they are crap !!! We had LOADS of hassle from them, they delivered the first one damaged and then the replacement was also damaged so demanded a refund and that took ages plus they lie about the delivery times on the web site 3 days suddenly turns into 2 - 3 weeks once they have got your money.

Hope you manage to get one tomorrow
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:47 pm
Springbok

Springbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to all

Is it not possible to rent them?
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Thanks

Buzzy

HI, THERE IS ALWAYS THE LAUNDRETTE!!! PROBABLY OPENING AGAIN ON WEDNESDAY, IN MEANTIME WHY NOT BORROW A FRIENDS OR RELATIVES?SEEMS SILLY TO BUY ONE.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:09 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

How is it broken?
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

We brought our washer over with us but it took a pounding in the container (dents from the inside out ) but after reattaching the electrical box with some tape it is working fine. Basically go either for one that doesn't cost a fortune so it isn't the end of the world if it gets trashed or make sure you are well insured. Remember that parts can be a problem here ours is a German make that isn't available here so we will use it until it dies then get one here.
Good luck I understand completely that there is no way that you can do without a machine when you have small children. I had to live without ours while it was fixed here after the trip over and with 4 kids that is no joke :scared: .
Hope that you find something, have a good christmas.
Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.