perth nor

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 5:30 pm
AJ100

AJ100 is on a distinguished road
Question perth nor

would like some information on the suburbs nor, and any areas to avoid
looking around sorrento, hillarys, carine, padbury, duncraig areas arriving in august
have two grown up kids one off to uni and one to start work in perth city
need good transport link as none driving yet.
thanks
andy
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of
Default Re: perth nor

Originally Posted by AJ100
looking around sorrento, hillarys, carine, padbury, duncraig areas arriving in august
thanks
andy
Hi

Saw no one had replied to your post yet so thought I would give you my views, I live in Mindarie, slightly further north then the subs you mention but I would say that they were all very nice areas, and from what I know all have good links to the city but hopefully someone that lives in the area might let you know more.

As I said I am further north and I can get into the city very well from here, train station at Clarkson and into the city within 30 mins or so.

Hope this has helped, but at least it may have bumped up your post

Kim
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 1:35 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

thanks
andy

Hi Andy

All those areas are lovely, I think Hillarys and Sorento maybe a more pricey (nearer the coast), we feel in love with Carine, its a beautiful and green, and close to brilliant schools, shops, parks, 5 mins from beach, close to Perth and we can walk to Warwick railway. It also has a lovely friendly feel about it, and is established. We move into our new house in Carine in 3 weeks, and cant wait!!

Duncraig is also lovely, right next door to Carine.

I dont know much about Padbury.

I guess you need to look around to get a feel for the areas you prefer - and see how your budget will stretch.

Good luck with everything, and let me know if I can help any further.

Nicola
x
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:10 pm
AJ100

AJ100 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hi Andy

All those areas are lovely, I think Hillarys and Sorento maybe a more pricey (nearer the coast), we feel in love with Carine, its a beautiful and green, and close to brilliant schools, shops, parks, 5 mins from beach, close to Perth and we can walk to Warwick railway. It also has a lovely friendly feel about it, and is established. We move into our new house in Carine in 3 weeks, and cant wait!!

I guess you need to look around to get a feel for the areas you prefer - and see how your budget will stretch.

Nicola
x
Thankyou for your replys sounds like a very nice areas to live, and easy access to the train links
we had a quick look round last year when we validated our visa's
but hope to move out as soon as house sale goes through,
then into rented for a while until we find the right house and area
lots still to do and running out of time getting ready to panic soon,
the dog is costing enough not even a first class seat for the money.
do you have an idea of the average cost of train fares to perth city centre as both girls will be doing this daily.
well hope your move goes ok, did you bring much from the uk or buy what you needed out there.

thankyou
andy
Old Jun 4th 2006, 1:35 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Thankyou for your replys sounds like a very nice areas to live, and easy access to the train links
we had a quick look round last year when we validated our visa's
but hope to move out as soon as house sale goes through,
then into rented for a while until we find the right house and area
lots still to do and running out of time getting ready to panic soon,
the dog is costing enough not even a first class seat for the money.
do you have an idea of the average cost of train fares to perth city centre as both girls will be doing this daily.
well hope your move goes ok, did you bring much from the uk or buy what you needed out there.

thankyou
andy
Hi Andy

We rented in Kallaroo (though Ozstayz.com) for 7 weeks when we arrived, and found our dream home very quickly - however, properties do tend to be snapped up pretty quick in those areas, so it may be a good idea to register with agents what you are looking for as soon as you come over.

I am not exactly sure what the train prices are, if I find out I will let you know. We used the train a while ago (family of 4), and at the time thought it was very cheap.

We too bought over our dog (and 4 - yes 4 - cats!). Cost an arm and a leg, they are still at Byford Quarantine and get released on Thursday this week.

We are bringing all our furniture over (it should be here this week), but also buying quite a few things from the owner of the house - cause they match really well and are in good nick - like a big telly, a fridge freezer, washing machine and microwave. We may need to sell some of our stuff when it arrives, but 2nd hand furniture seems to sell really well over here.

Good luck with your sale, and further plans, it can be quite stressful at the end, but so worth it! My hubby and I pinch ourselves every day, and still cant believe we are here!

Let me know if you need any further info!

Nicola
x

PS. Just saw your picture of your dog - he/she is gorgeous!!! We have a black lab, also gorgeous! They will just love the Doggy beaches, and Carine also has a huge park very popular with the dogs - but there are parks everywhere!! Doggy heaven!!

Last edited by The Vallies; Jun 4th 2006 at 1:39 am. Reason: to add ps
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

juri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hi Andy

When we arrived we drove into Padbury from one end and thought --this is a nice area-- a few weeks later we drove in from the other end, not knowwing where we were, thought this is a bit rough graffitti cars in the front lawn. A few suburbs are like that

Nicola
x
When we arrived we drove into Padbury from one end and thought --this is a nice area-- a few weeks later we drove in from the other end, not knowwing where we were, thought this is a bit rough graffitti cars in the front lawn. A few suburbs are like that
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:56 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: perth nor

thanks
andy
Click here, type in the name of your chosen suburb, and fill ya boots with the result.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 8:22 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Click here, type in the name of your chosen suburb, and fill ya boots with the result.

most interesting webist Vash, thank you
Old Jun 8th 2006, 3:44 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: perth nor

Originally Posted by ub40fan
most interesting webist Vash, thank you
Cheers.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

You are probably looking at getting the train from either Grenwood or Warwick from the suburbs you mentioned. A one way ticket is about $3.20, that is for travelling through 3 zones.
I get a mulit rider.
10 trips, 4 zones at a cost of $39.
During school holidays and weekends you can get a family ticket, $7.80 for a family of five.

bargain eh?