Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how many are sat waiting for their visa?

how many are sat waiting for their visa?

Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:08 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default how many are sat waiting for their visa?

how many of us have submitted everything that has been asked for, including bonds etc, and are just waiting the the 'nod'?

there seems to be loads!

how long have you been waiting?

do you keep flicking over the threads on BE, to see if anything interesting has happened in the last 20 minutes?

sleeping beauty, reporting from limbo land (who should be used to waiting by now )
Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how many are sat waiting for their visa?

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
do you keep flicking over the threads on BE, to see if anything interesting has happened in the last 20 minutes?

sleeping beauty, reporting from limbo land (who should be used to waiting by now )
No..you're the only one. I'd get yourself checked out if I were you.
Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:30 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
No..you're the only one. I'd get yourself checked out if I were you.

i have at the clinic, apparantly im in the clear
Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:34 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

how many of us have submitted everything that has been asked for, including bonds etc, and are just waiting the the 'nod'?

there seems to be loads!

Well, you know I'm with you LOL.

Should be cleaning/tidying/packing/painting but am sat here watching crap on tv and checking BE

I need my life back, for goodness sake give me a visa and give my poor kids and OH a break from living with a crazy woman!!!!

Shirley x
Old Jun 1st 2006, 1:36 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by ub40fan

Should be cleaning/tidying/packing/painting but am sat here watching crap on tv and checking BE

I need my life back, for goodness sake give me a visa and give my poor kids and OH a break from living with a crazy woman!!!!

Shirley x

well thats 2 of us!!!

if thats all that is waiting, we should have no problem with getting the CO's to grant us our visa. just imagine it shirley, all those CO's fighting to deal with our 2 little ol' cases
Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
Stop right there their are three of us still waiting at the moment we are painting wallpapering etc and hope to have the house on the market in about two weeks

Billy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:50 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
Stop right there their are three of us still waiting at the moment we are painting wallpapering etc and hope to have the house on the market in about two weeks

Billy

Sorry Billy

It appears we have been moved to lifestyle!!! Still, better than closing us down like happened to the one last night eh
Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ub40fan

Shirley x
Know the feeling. Am letting kids run riot next door whilst I while away the hours on the computer> Doesn't help that it's so blledin cold. I've just put the heating on!!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

there seems to be loads!

Excuse the ignorance but what bonds??! Are they related to a specific type of visa application ??
Old Jun 1st 2006, 2:59 pm
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by jojo90
Excuse the ignorance but what bonds??! Are they related to a specific type of visa application ??

Yep, SB and I (not sure about Billy) are on a 138 Sponsored Australian Visa and our sponsors needed to pay a bond ($5000) which in effect is what we claim if we need to claim any benefits during the first 2 years. At the end of the two years we get it back.

there are other types that have bonds too, such as the 100k investment bond, not sure about any more than that though.

Shirley
Old Jun 1st 2006, 3:01 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

there seems to be loads!

I'm up there with you SB.
Bond lodged on the 10th April. I've asked my agent to chase the visa up for us so hopefully I'll hear in the next few days.
I've spent today pricing and boxing up everything that we are going to car boot this weekend. Well, I say everything - everything that belongs to the kids anyway I've got 15 boxes sitting in my dining room and I haven't even started on my stuff yet

Julie. x
Old Jun 1st 2006, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
We are going under a 139 visa and we have already paid the bond $5000

Billy
Old Jun 1st 2006, 3:05 pm
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
I'm up there with you SB.
Bond lodged on the 10th April. I've asked my agent to chase the visa up for us so hopefully I'll hear in the next few days.
I've spent today pricing and boxing up everything that we are going to car boot this weekend. Well, I say everything - everything that belongs to the kids anyway I've got 15 boxes sitting in my dining room and I haven't even started on my stuff yet

Julie. x

10th APRIL!!!!!! :scared: That is nearly 2 months ago! OMG I thought once they had the bond that was virtually it, they only had to dot the i's and cross the t's.

flipping heck it could be August before we get ours then

Oh well, gives us chance to sell the flipping house I s'pose. Got to look on the bright side eh!
Old Jun 1st 2006, 3:13 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ub40fan]10th APRIL!!!!!! :scared: That is nearly 2 months ago! OMG I thought once they had the bond that was virtually it, they only had to dot the i's and cross the t's.

Yeah me too. My agent told me that apparently it can take between 6-8 weeks after bond is lodged. We're just coming up to 8 weeks now.

Good Luck with yours.

Julie. x
Old Jun 1st 2006, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough

Most people seem to be on skilled visas.

I'm not - I'm waiting on the granting of a Prospective Marriage Visa.
All submitted (except the Police Check which is applied for).

Limbo is a wierd place to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.