Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth House Prices Crash

Perth House Prices Crash

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth House Prices Crash

Originally Posted by Tooterelli
I think you are in for a long wait. (Read the house price crash website)
I suppose for me it would have to totaly crash.as I still have 80% equity in the house with a £160 a month Morgage so renting to me would be a very profitable as rents are around here £900 a month for a 3 bed house giving me a nice income to subsidise my house rental in perth until things pick up.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eugene43
I suppose for me it would have to totaly crash.as I still have 80% equity in the house with a £160 a month Morgage so renting to me would be a very profitable as rents are around here £900 a month for a 3 bed house giving me a nice income to subsidise my house rental in perth until things pick up.
Income....before or after tax?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

astonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant future

With anything that REIWA or Bob Druitt says there is an angle. I have been reading the various articles for years, on visits from the UK before I got here, on the website and in the papers now I am here.

The papers just faithfully reproduce any old sh*t they are given by REIWA.

And REIWA are just trying to talk up their commercial prospects in whatever way they can to get us donuts to make them some money.

REIWA are full of sh*t and the c*ap papers and websites should be ashamed to call themselves journalists. They aren't.

One thing I have learnt about the latest recession is that hardly any of the so called cleverest people in the world could precisely predict it as most were too busy frothing themselves up in a ponzi lather. Including the economists at the banks who have been caught with their pants well and truly down. (Have a look back at the ANZ bank previous quarter reports on the economy and property market for example, commentary and no predictions). They were mostly wrong (as were most people - except Renth).

So why bother? Nobody really knows precisely what is going to happen, REIWA and the papers lie to us and journalists and economists here are too fat, lazy and happy to try to predict accurately.