Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth building and constuction

perth building and constuction

Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

dyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nice
Default perth building and constuction

hi all, im a 26 year old bricklayer with no ties that wants to travel to oz again. ive got family in perth which i can stay with but im looking to see if the building and bricklaying industry has slowed down over there before i try to book myself a ticket over there.
im a keen rugby player that plays semi pro rugby here and wants to emigrate to australia and hopefully to perth. if anyone has any info at all on weather its stopped slowing or still going please drop me a line so i can work out what is best to do. i have 9 years experiance and qualifications to go with this as well. i also have banksman tickets and digger driver tickets to go with these.

many thanks for your time look forward to hearing from you soon.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth building and constuction

Originally Posted by dyson99
hi all, im a 26 year old bricklayer with no ties that wants to travel to oz again. ive got family in perth which i can stay with but im looking to see if the building and bricklaying industry has slowed down over there before i try to book myself a ticket over there.
im a keen rugby player that plays semi pro rugby here and wants to emigrate to australia and hopefully to perth. if anyone has any info at all on weather its stopped slowing or still going please drop me a line so i can work out what is best to do. i have 9 years experiance and qualifications to go with this as well. i also have banksman tickets and digger driver tickets to go with these.

I think it has slowed considerably, The bloke opposite me packed in bricklaying because the work was drying up and headed to the mines a year ago, just before xmas was laid off from the mines. He is trying to get back into bricklaying and applying for every job that is advertised (not a lot at the moment) only to be told your about the 100th person to call for that job.
Unless you have contacts its very hard to get into, but once your in good money can be earned. Alot here is who you know and not what you know
Good Luck

John
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:01 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

not much changed since january then
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

rural areas still building, country builders still advertise regular north of Perth.

Gems
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:48 pm
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dyson99

Yes it's definitely slowed down. I know a builder who's out of work and has been for while now. My brother in law is on a building site and they've reduced all overtime and have layed off some staff. Jobs advertised in paper are alot less than six months ago.

Also have you checked out if you need licences etc to work. Not sure if that only applies if you're working for yourself and not if you're employed but would be good to check before coming over.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:55 am
Just Joined

brentina is an unknown quantity at this point

how are ya? im a bricklayer aswell and im also 26 looking to head to perth the only diffrance is im in brisbane with my mrs as we moved over from england last year and we are looking to get state sponsership because the skilled visa is gunna take far to long to come through and we wanna stay and not go home. i keep lookin on the internet for work but dosnt seem to b much but i think were gunna risk it anyway(mabye mad i know). but if you wanna keep in touch and if i get sorted il try and get you in and vise versa if you fancy it?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Dean_Helen_May-Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

good on ya brentina.

good to see guys trying to lend one an other a hand.

I'm a very good wall and floor tiler but dont have enough experience to move over on skilled. I just hope there's guys around to help me out when the time comes.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:38 am
Just Joined

brentina is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i can do all the tiling craic i think that must b a bricklayer thing!! so when r u planning on coming out then? iv been talking to brickies back at home and they have next to nothing happening two mabye three days a week.crap. we go home in june then hope to have visa sorted and be back here late august but thats the state sponsering. Our imagration agent said that we wanna be quick about getting the 176 visa because the government are reviwing it all again in june.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Dean_Helen_May-Rose is an unknown quantity at this point

me? not for a few years i've a 10month old and dont want her to fly so young, also morgage is fixed for 3 years.

where i am on south coast work is thin on the ground but it is out there. recession has not really hit here much at all. all the polish workers are more of a prob for brickys

your migration agent would say that, lol they want your money sooner rather than later.

good luck with it mate,