Reload this Page >

perth from brisbane

perth from brisbane

Old Apr 8th 2006, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

brisbymob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default perth from brisbane

Hello everyone,
Im looking for some advice if possible .My wife and I,and our two sons age 12 and8 are moving to Perth from Brisbane in the next few months. We have been in Brisbane just over a year but we just dont like it.
Anyway we are moving to Perth and are looking for advice regarding suburbs ,schools etc.
Also if anyone has info on getting our furniture to Perth, costs.
We also have to get the car to Perth so any info on that,would it be too much of a drive?.
Does anyone know about Stirling or Scarborough.
We have to be 20 min max from the CBD and hope to be 5-10 min walk from beach.
We had no advice coming to Brisbane and are staying in a predominantly asian community,we would rather not make this mistake in Perth.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.l
Old Apr 8th 2006, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: perth from brisbane

Originally Posted by brisbymob
Hello everyone,
Im looking for some advice if possible .My wife and I,and our two sons age 12 and8 are moving to Perth from Brisbane in the next few months. We have been in Brisbane just over a year but we just dont like it.
Anyway we are moving to Perth and are looking for advice regarding suburbs ,schools etc.
We also have to get the car to Perth so any info on that,would it be too much of a drive?.
We had no advice coming to Brisbane and are staying in a predominantly asian community,we would rather not make this mistake in Perth.

Where abouts in Brissie are you, we are moving there in June. We looked at Perth originally but for my work I need to be on the east coast. What dont you like about Brissie?

In Perth we looked around Joondaloop north of the river and rockingham on the south side.

I suppose it all depends what your after, but Im sure some Perth people will fill you in. I once had a list of places to avoid from somebody, I shall look into it and if I find it I shall PM it to you.

MF
Old Apr 8th 2006, 2:03 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone,
lockridge,balga ,girrawheen,medina,koondoola ,midland,are certainly areas that would not be considered desirable .Scarborough is ok but has a lot of rental units .desirable areas would be ,mt lawley ,inglwood,subiaco ,claremont ,cotttesloe,,most of fremantle,city beach ,mullaloo,floreat,wembley,highgate,south perth ,to name but afew.Where are you in brizzy ?
Old Apr 8th 2006, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

me myself & i is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE ON PERTH BEFORE YOUR MOVE THERE.PERTH HAS A PREDOMINANTLY HUMAN COMMUNITY SO YOU,PARTNER AND SNOT NOSED DELINQUENTS WILL DEFO NOT FIT PLEASE FIND ANOTHER UNIVERSE
Old Apr 8th 2006, 7:13 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Where abouts in Brissie are you, we are moving there in June. We looked at Perth originally but for my work I need to be on the east coast. What dont you like about Brissie?

In Perth we looked around Joondaloop north of the river and rockingham on the south side.

I suppose it all depends what your after, but Im sure some Perth people will fill you in. I once had a list of places to avoid from somebody, I shall look into it and if I find it I shall PM it to you.

MF

If you find that list, would you be kind enough to PM it to me too please
Old Apr 8th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold

Hello everyone,
Hi there

Could you give a bit more info about what you don't like about Brisie - I am still deliberating between Perth/Brisbane. Please feel free to PM me if you wish.

Thanks
Old Apr 8th 2006, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by me myself & i
JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE ON PERTH BEFORE YOUR MOVE THERE.PERTH HAS A PREDOMINANTLY HUMAN COMMUNITY SO YOU,PARTNER AND SNOT NOSED DELINQUENTS WILL DEFO NOT FIT PLEASE FIND ANOTHER UNIVERSE
Old Apr 8th 2006, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane and are staying in a predominantly asian community,we would rather not make this mistake in Perth.
Perth is very multi cultural in the asian department, maybe that wont be for you either. Maybe Australasia's proximity to asia is the reason
Old Apr 8th 2006, 10:34 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know anything about Perth so unable to help you in that department. However I am sure there are some who will wake at a reasonable hour here in Aus and share info with you

As for not wanting to live in a predominantly Asian community. Why was this a problem? I presume it's a cultural thing where you don't feel you fit in? It is sometimes difficult if you find the people nice but the culture different as sometimes you are not easily accepted into their fold either.

Good luck with your next move....and all the best for your future

Last edited by phoenixinoz; Apr 8th 2006 at 10:37 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 4:17 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

another troll knob popping his head out of the mire
Old Apr 9th 2006, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Hello everyone,
LOL

I live next to a load of chinks, they are sweet as anything, indians across the road, the only problem is them bloody kiwis and trampy aussies on the other side,

most miserable anti-social gits you'd ever meet.
Old Apr 9th 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

loopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really niceloopyloo2 is just really nice

hello all,

previously i was using hubbies computer but now i have registered myself so i can answer you as hubby is playing strike force on his computer. anyway getting back to the question can i suggest a brilliant website that will give all suburb information on most parts of australia which is brill and there are some photo's too. http://www.aussiemove.com. (sorry i haven't worked out how to put the link on yet). apologies also if someone else has put this website on too.

cheers
loopy

Hello everyone,
Old Apr 9th 2006, 11:18 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to live within 20mins of the CBD and a 5 min stroll to the beach, be prepared to part with some serious cash. You won't get much change out of $900k in the nice suburbs, and thats if you can actually find a house for sale! We know people who really wanted to buy a house in Floreat.....not a hope. Houses up for sale are a bit like hens teeth.

Scarborough: backpackers haven.

Plenty of nice areas ocean side around Perth, but you'll have to travel a bit longer to work: Mindarie, Iluka, Ocean Reef, Hilarys, Mullaloo, Kallaroo to name but a few.

Happy hunting.

P.s Being nosey now....why don't you like Brisbane? Anything specific? There are folks who aren't too fussed with Perth and looking to move to Brisbane!!
Old Apr 9th 2006, 2:27 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

What's that all about???
Old Apr 9th 2006, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
What's that all about???
Checking earlier posts I'd say it's their special privileges for being good in the institution, after all they have to start integrating sometime.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.