Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth best place to rent

perth best place to rent

Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:59 am
Just Joined

karen135 is on a distinguished road
Default perth best place to rent

hi was wandering if anyone can tell me what are good areas to live which are not so good in perth taking in to account i would like to be able to get to shops easily with 2 under 2s.

kare
Old Jul 5th 2005, 12:01 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all
Default Re: perth best place to rent

Originally Posted by karen135
hi was wandering if anyone can tell me what are good areas to live which are not so good in perth taking in to account i would like to be able to get to shops easily with 2 under 2s.

kare
Hi Karen,

Have you got any more info as Perth's pretty big with shopping malls of varying sizes spread through all the suburbs - maybe what your jobs are/if you have any idea where you might be working/what kind of budget/do you want to be close to the Ocean/ CBD/ restaurant areas, in an old house/new house etc?

Michelle
Old Jul 5th 2005, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michellemac
Hi Karen,

Have you got any more info as Perth's pretty big with shopping malls of varying sizes spread through all the suburbs - maybe what your jobs are/if you have any idea where you might be working/what kind of budget/do you want to be close to the Ocean/ CBD/ restaurant areas, in an old house/new house etc?

Michelle
Hi Michelle

My partners a mechanic and we don't know what area we will be in were pretty flexible. I will be at home looking after two kids so it needs to be an area with shops close by and schools that are close and something with a park or something to entertain little ones.Natalie is 18 months and Jack is 6 weeks old.Guess it would be nice to be by the ocean.Dosen't matter if it a new or old house would like it to have 4 bedrooms and a pool if poss that not to important must have Air con and a garden.Any info that you could give us would be great.Budget flexible nothing over $1500 a month is this a good amount to rent a house at.

Many thanks

Karen
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:04 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Michelle

My partners a mechanic and we don't know what area we will be in were pretty flexible. I will be at home looking after two kids so it needs to be an area with shops close by and schools that are close and something with a park or something to entertain little ones.Natalie is 18 months and Jack is 6 weeks old.Guess it would be nice to be by the ocean.Dosen't matter if it a new or old house would like it to have 4 bedrooms and a pool if poss that not to important must have Air con and a garden.Any info that you could give us would be great.Budget flexible nothing over $1500 a month is this a good amount to rent a house at.

Many thanks

Karen

For that amount you can pretty much choose any suburb you want.... Pretty much all suburbs have schools near by, and parks are within walking distance from any house
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

what are the best areas to live and are there any areas that you would avoid.changing the subject but how much does medical cover cost for two adults one 28 and one 22 and 2 children both under 2 roughly if anyone can answer i would be grateful.

many thanks
Karen
Old Jul 6th 2005, 1:59 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Karen

Perth really is big and diverse, instead of trying to single out specific places to live try to decide what you want and that will in turn narrow things down. You are really fortunate in that your kids are both under school age, so you aren't going to have to commit yourself to an area because of schools, after a 6 month rental you can move to another suburb and start again, with school aged kids its harder . If you think you'd rather stay in a suburb that you'd want to buy in then you have to decide what your budget is for purchasing and that again will (or should) narrow things down. One thing you will find will narrow your choices down is if you insist on a pool, rental properties with pools are quite hard to find, especially in newer areas, they are there but sometimes you can go for a few months without seeing one come up for rent.

Have a look at the suburb profiles on www.movetoperth.com some of those may help, we dont have that many but more are added when we get the chance To be honest, i think most people have a rough idea of what they want before they arrive, but inreality sometimes fate just takes over and you end up somewhere due to being able to find a nice rental there.

Hope this helps
Lynn
Old Jul 6th 2005, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

what are the best areas to live and are there any areas that you would avoid.changing the subject but how much does medical cover cost for two adults one 28 and one 22 and 2 children both under 2 roughly if anyone can answer i would be grateful.

many thanks
Karen
Hi there,
We pay $200 for 2 adults (older than you though ) and two children (21 months and 7 weeks). You can pay a bit less but then you increase your excess should you require hospital admission. I think this is a rough guide.
We live in Ocean Reef and are very happy here although we pay more than your budget. We hope to stay here if possible as we are thrilled to bits with the local Daycare.
HTH

Mrs J
Old Jul 6th 2005, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
Hi Karen

Perth really is big and diverse, instead of trying to single out specific places to live try to decide what you want and that will in turn narrow things down. You are really fortunate in that your kids are both under school age, so you aren't going to have to commit yourself to an area because of schools, after a 6 month rental you can move to another suburb and start again, with school aged kids its harder . If you think you'd rather stay in a suburb that you'd want to buy in then you have to decide what your budget is for purchasing and that again will (or should) narrow things down. One thing you will find will narrow your choices down is if you insist on a pool, rental properties with pools are quite hard to find, especially in newer areas, they are there but sometimes you can go for a few months without seeing one come up for rent.

Have a look at the suburb profiles on www.movetoperth.com some of those may help, we dont have that many but more are added when we get the chance To be honest, i think most people have a rough idea of what they want before they arrive, but inreality sometimes fate just takes over and you end up somewhere due to being able to find a nice rental there.

Hope this helps
Lynn

Thanks that does help
we are looking to rent for probably 6 months first then by somewere after that if everything works out ok.we would probably have a budget of $200-275,000 will this get us some were nice.we are pretty flexible my partner wants to sponser before we come out as he is not sure if the jobs are easy to got out there as a mechanic he has seen a few on seek but dosen't know if there are many avaliable.