Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth, another weather moan

Perth, another weather moan

Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:40 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth, another weather moan

Originally Posted by Eskimo
85f and sunny in LA mid 90s tomorrow
Good for you Eskimo, is this hot weather in LA is causing an upsurge in drivebye shootings?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:42 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see the point of umbrellas. Its too windy and they get turned inside out and you get soaked as the rain comes sideways.

Did the same and got the pool right on Sunday, and the kids were in it for quite a while on Monday. Saying that we do have a brick liner pool so the water is substantially warmer than fibreglass pools
Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:43 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by renth
According to my wife's dive computer my pool, at 19 degrees C is one degree warmer than the sea.
That'll feel great once you're in! Don't be such a namby pamby I can remember swimming lessons at school in the UK in the rain - it was fine until you got out. Brrrrrrr
Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:44 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by webgum
That'll feel great once you're in! Don't be such a namby pamby I can remember swimming lessons at school in the UK in the rain - it was fine until you got out. Brrrrrrr
My kids went in and loved it. I've been ill for about a month (I blame the weather) so I just sat and watched....
Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:48 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

My kids went in and loved it. I've been ill for about a month (I blame the weather) so I just sat and watched....
Good on them! My friends arriving are coming from the wilds of Scotland so they'll be straight in what ever the weather.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:49 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you Eskimo, is this hot weather in LA is causing an upsurge in drivebye shootings?
shut yo mouth or Ill pop a cap in yo ass beaaaatch
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:26 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

it's beautiful weather in brisbane, expecting 30°C by thursday
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:28 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
it's beautiful weather in brisbane, expecting 30°C by thursday
And Im just off for a swim in our pool (which is a lovely 31 degrees ).
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:47 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Was just about to say that LOL - nobody in Brisbane has complained at all!!! Every day we check the weather report for Brisbane on the BBC weather page and it seems glorious!

5 weeks till we arrive!!!

Lynn
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:20 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Was just about to say that LOL - nobody in Brisbane has complained at all!!! Every day we check the weather report for Brisbane on the BBC weather page and it seems glorious!

Lynn
LOL I dont wanna know what its like in Hobart
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:40 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

[moan]
Right, it's raining again, it's windy again, it's cold again and it is forecast to last all week.

Moving to Perth? remember to bring waterproofs, fleeces and an umbrella for 6 months of the year.
[/moan]

I think someone said it was the wettest coldest winter for years? Is that true?

Never mind, it will be drout season soon and and fly season :scared:

It's been a fabulous summer in the UK, even September has been better than I can remember. It's always the same though isn't it, someone somewhere wont like it.

Love to hear you moan Renth, then all the others can moan about you moaning
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:56 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

[moan]
Right, it's raining again, it's windy again, it's cold again and it is forecast to last all week.

Moving to Perth? remember to bring waterproofs, fleeces and an umbrella for 6 months of the year.
[/moan]
And buy an electric blanket asap, they were on the verge of selling out in July when we bought ours, also pack some bed socks and thermals . We too were told that it get's cold for 3 months of the year ???
Old Sep 27th 2005, 1:26 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

I have just got off the phone to my dad in the UK, he thinks I am mad saying its cold when it is around 17° over here. I suppose in a way he is right, when it hit 20 in the UK we knew summer had arrived and thought it was hot! Not anymore I am freezing, the wood heater is back on, I bought another pair of Ugh boots (pink) and I have my wooley cardie on.

So coming over from the UK, bring your thermals because you will need them!

Jenny
Old Sep 27th 2005, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun

Lynn
It's called a drought!

Got just a few spots from tonights "storm".

Dams at 35% :scared: and those bloody sandgropers are moaning about too much rain! Send it over here, please!

All I want to do is just want to try out a new umbrella I got for Xmas (warranty) five years ago

WW
Old Sep 27th 2005, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

We are having a lovely September here in the Midlands. There has been the odd drop of rain to water the garden but mostly sunny and warm.
hopefully most people haven't emigrated just for the weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.