Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth Airport clearing customs etc

Perth Airport clearing customs etc

Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Perth Airport clearing customs etc

Recently had flight arrival time changed from 8.35am on Saturday to 11.45pm Friday (so the night before).......

I'd already booked initial couple of days accomadation and we can book in from 11am on Saturday which initailly would have been spot on.

I'm umming at moment, should I book the Friday as well so we can go straight from the airport to the hotel and get some sleep, it's only about 15 mins or so from the airport so very close.

Just peeves me a bit if we end up pay an entire whole day for just a a few hours use.

How long do flights take to clear through Perth airport at this time of night, can you sit and wait at the airport if you have nowhere to go until morning
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all
Default Re: Perth Airport clearing customs etc

It did nt seem to take long about an hour from what I can remember, and that was imigration and customs, and they x ray all your bags too, coming in. Perth airport is not that big from what I saw of it, and you are gonna be shattered after the flight so Id bite the bullet and pay for the extra night if I were you, and be fresh and awake for your 1st day in Perth, bring some wellys and a mac coz its cold and windy at the mo, but your gonna love it here, we do.

Amanda
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

how many of you are there, and where is your accomodation
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for replies, two of us comng November so hoping no rain and wind then??!! Hotel is about 6 miles away according to various sites.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flowergal
Id bite the bullet and pay for the extra night if I were you, and be fresh and awake for your 1st day in Perth,
Amanda
I think your probably right
Old Aug 1st 2007, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

will pm you
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:15 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marvinc
Recently had flight arrival time changed from 8.35am on Saturday to 11.45pm Friday (so the night before).......

I'd already booked initial couple of days accomadation and we can book in from 11am on Saturday which initailly would have been spot on.

I'm umming at moment, should I book the Friday as well so we can go straight from the airport to the hotel and get some sleep, it's only about 15 mins or so from the airport so very close.

Just peeves me a bit if we end up pay an entire whole day for just a a few hours use.

How long do flights take to clear through Perth airport at this time of night, can you sit and wait at the airport if you have nowhere to go until morning
By the time you have been here a month and bought everything from cars to an ironing board one nights accommodation cost will fade into insignificance.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by worzel
By the time you have been here a month and bought everything from cars to an ironing board one nights accommodation cost will fade into insignificance.
Many thanks for all advice and offers, very much appreciated......... it's just our reccie this time Worzel

Last edited by marvinc; Aug 2nd 2007 at 8:03 am. Reason: Spelt Worzel wrong!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

We cleared customs etc in less than an hour at easter.
One tip that MAY be worth a go is to have a bar of unopened chocolate in you suitcase. You have to declare it on the card and then once off the plane tell them again at which point you get told to join another queue (much shorter), tell the customs guys what it is and so long as its not opened no problem!! Queue jumping the legal easy way Well that is what happened to us and i have heard it said by others too