Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Perth or Adelaide?

Perth or Adelaide?

Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:59 am
Just Joined

mariaob is just really nicemariaob is just really nicemariaob is just really nicemariaob is just really nicemariaob is just really nicemariaob is just really nicemariaob is just really nicemariaob is just really nice
Default Perth or Adelaide?

Originally Posted by saintstu
Hi,

I'm currently living in Brighton, England but (visa permitting) will be moving to Perth, Australia before Christmas.

I work in Recruitment, and have done for the last 11 years. I'm moving to Australia to work in the Oil & Gas market.

I'm excited and nervous at the moment, as I've never lived abroad and I'm leaving behind a good job, but the opportunity to go to Australia is far too good to turn down.

I've already posted a load of questions on this thread - if you can help it would be greeat: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686898

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helps out and good to be here!

Stu
hi im also in the process of moving to oz with my family, 3 girls aged 14 3+6, the teenager is prob my main concern, we are looking at either Perth or Adelaide, both seem to have the good weather and the beach life, i know a couple of people in Perth and have asked them whats life like for them, they love it there but always refer to their boys football, as a family we enjoy the outdoor life but also going for meals, the cinema, festivals and concerts, we enjoy theme parks and shopping, the girls enjoy dancing and gymnastics music and swimming.

I have read a lot of forums and a lot of people say Perth is boring and Adelaide isn't much better, perth ticks most of my boxes except its so far away and it does seem a little quiet for my teenager, i know life is what you make it but can anyone who has lived in both places please advise me, it would be much appriciated, thanks