Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

perth or adelaide

perth or adelaide

Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough
Default perth or adelaide

need some advice will becoming with £75000 ddeposit and14000 start uup-fund.don't want more than $200000 mmortgagei'm bricklayer which place will be best for lifestyle , houses, work and a spot of fishing thanks for replies in advance
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: perth or adelaide

sorry about the mistakes
Old Sep 9th 2006, 2:20 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by butch&shell
need some advice will becoming with £75000 ddeposit and14000 start uup-fund.don't want more than $200000 mmortgagei'm bricklayer which place will be best for lifestyle , houses, work and a spot of fishing thanks for replies in advance
perth ,its abricklayers paradise
Old Sep 9th 2006, 2:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Perth.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 12:38 pm
SCC
Just Joined

SCC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by butch&shell
WA economy grew 14% in the last twelve months. This is literally the highest rate in the whole world - 3% higher than China. 13% higher than the rest of Oz. The WA government has recently had to postpone a big part of it's 18 billion dollar capital works program due to the shortage of skilled workers. There are simply not enough tradesmen available to build these facilities.

As a bricklayer you can currently earn twice the average wage for a four or five day week.

The fishing in Perth is great, both from the shore and offshore. Brissy has good fishing too. The fishing in the North of the state is phenomenal - world class in fact. 25kg mackerel from the shore are commonplace.

Lifestyle in Perth is similar to Brisbane - big city facilities but with a laid back attitude. The tropical humidity in Brisbane is not nice, however.

Housing in Brisbane is a bit cheaper than Perth. This will change however. Perth housing will be a lot more expensive than Brisbane's, with time. Perth has the second-most expensive housing in the country. Five years ago it was the cheapest. That gives you some idea of the strength of the local economy.

So, for my money, Perth!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 12:42 pm
SCC
Just Joined

SCC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCC
WA economy grew 14% in the last twelve months. This is literally the highest rate in the whole world - 3% higher than China. 13% higher than the rest of Oz. The WA government has recently had to postpone a big part of it's 18 billion dollar capital works program due to the shortage of skilled workers. There are simply not enough tradesmen available to build these facilities.

As a bricklayer you can currently earn twice the average wage for a four or five day week.

The fishing in Perth is great, both from the shore and offshore. Brissy has good fishing too. The fishing in the North of the state is phenomenal - world class in fact. 25kg mackerel from the shore are commonplace.

Lifestyle in Perth is similar to Brisbane - big city facilities but with a laid back attitude. The tropical humidity in Brisbane is not nice, however.

Housing in Brisbane is a bit cheaper than Perth. This will change however. Perth housing will be a lot more expensive than Brisbane's, with time. Perth has the second-most expensive housing in the country. Five years ago it was the cheapest. That gives you some idea of the strength of the local economy.

So, for my money, Perth!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry!!! It was Perth or Adelaide! My mistake. Nothing much to say about SA unfortunately. Um, more people are leaving than arriving! That's about it.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 12:45 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard of 3 families moving from Adelaide to Perth in the last couple of months but none going the other way.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 12:57 pm
Whinging pom.

costabeera is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SCC
Sorry!!! It was Perth or Adelaide! My mistake. Nothing much to say about SA unfortunately. Um, more people are leaving than arriving! That's about it.
I'm in Adelaide and I wish I'd gone to Perth. Warmer, more to see. A bit far away from it all but that's ok.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by costabeera
I'm in Adelaide and I wish I'd gone to Perth. Warmer, more to see. A bit far away from it all but that's ok.

And I'm in Adelaide and glad I didn't go to Perth

Only way to find out is to visit both and make your own mind up, some people will love one and hate the other, some may like both, others may like neither.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

the house prices are allot higher in Perth mind
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bussie
the house prices are allot higher in Perth mind

The wages probably are too though
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

wiy man your a smoggy cum to brizzy yal fit rite in bonny lad
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can tell you that there isn't many fish up the north end of Adelaide