Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Any Telecoms Engineers in Australia Can Help??

Any Telecoms Engineers in Australia Can Help??

Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of
Default Any Telecoms Engineers in Australia Can Help??

Hi,

Anybody in Telecomms Engineer or similar in Aus that could give my husband a bit of advice re the Australian Network etc ??
He has a few questions-

Thankyou
Old Feb 5th 2006, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any Telecoms Engineers in Australia Can Help??

also anybody from uk in same field - looking to go ??????
Old Feb 5th 2006, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice

Originally Posted by coffeebean

Yep! My hubby is a telecom engineer and we are hoping to settle in Redcliffe.

Melissa
Old Feb 5th 2006, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi
Wheres that ?? what visa are you going on ?? where are you at with your application ???
Old Feb 5th 2006, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice

Hi
Wheres that ?? what visa are you going on ?? where are you at with your application ???
It's just above Brisbane, it looks very nice there. We are going on a 136 skilled visa and we passed the TRA last August and lodged our visa application in September last year. Our agent says there is quite a lengthy delay though with the visa application, so it's another long waiting game!

Where are you off to? Do you have your visa's yet?

Melissa
Old Feb 5th 2006, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

we are on sir about to do meds
heading either victoria or tas
has your hubbie been in contact with any potential employers??
Old Feb 5th 2006, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

mish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of lightmish & al is a glorious beacon of light

My hubby is also a telecoms engineer!
We're heading over to Perth and he's travelling on a defacto spouse visa as i'm lucky enough to have a passport!! (He owes me big time!!)

It seems that telecoms jobs are around over in Oz but it's a matter of who you know! One of my friends in Oz is keeping their eyes peeled for jobs and so far she's found a couple!! I've been on the popular sites too and there only seems a couple around - but i suppose the telecom companies will use websites within the industry to recruit!!

When we get there we'll buckle down and i'm sure there'll be a telecoms secret society somewhere!!
Old Mar 29th 2006, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

sriram is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a Telco Engineer in OZ, what are the questions uhave

Sriram

Hi,

Anybody in Telecomms Engineer or similar in Aus that could give my husband a bit of advice re the Australian Network etc ??
He has a few questions-

Thankyou
Old Apr 1st 2006, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Question Re: Any Telecoms Engineers in Australia Can Help??

Originally Posted by sriram
Im a Telco Engineer in OZ, what are the questions uhave

Sriram
No response from Coffeebean yet so I'll ask a few!

I am a BT/Openreach engineer(lines person) Will I need any licence before I can be employed/ work in the copper/underground network?

What is job availability like in particular Adelaide/South Australia?

Can you give a ball park wage figure?

Are there many permanent jobs or are the majority contract work?

If you are familiar with tools/test equipment used in the UK how does it compare with Aus, if not what test equipment such as volt/ohmmeters are in regular use in the job in Aus?

Where (as far as agencies/ web sites) are the best places to search for jobs?

Thanks
Bruce.
Old Apr 1st 2006, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Loz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud of

Hi folks,
I think the main telco's in Aus are Telstra and Optus,
try their web sites. I work in comms too and there does seem to be work out there. Try some of the job sites like Jobserve or My Career there plenty to choose from.
We're hoping to move over on my wifes qualifications so will be looking for work once we get over there (fingers crossed). I'll be a kept man for a while . Woo-hoo

Good luck............ Loz
Old Apr 1st 2006, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Hi

Im a Telcom Engineer for BT/Openreach too and we are looking to go to Perth also. We have submitted our visa application and are in the waiting stage. Our TRA was accepted last Novemeber.

We have been on the net looking for employment/info on licences, etc. I must admit there doesnt seem to be alot out there and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Im considering setting up on my own once we get the "yes" vote and get out there. So if there are any business buddies out there then send me a message.

What do you want to ask/need to know? Probably cant help but you can ask anyway.

Watty'n'arls
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Loz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud of

Seen this on Seek I.T,may be of interest.
SeekIT
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

yep my husband
Old Apr 19th 2006, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

the ozbyrnes will become famous soon enoughthe ozbyrnes will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi

Im a Telcom Engineer for BT/Openreach too and we are looking to go to Perth also. We have submitted our visa application and are in the waiting stage. Our TRA was accepted last Novemeber.

We have been on the net looking for employment/info on licences, etc. I must admit there doesnt seem to be alot out there and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Im considering setting up on my own once we get the "yes" vote and get out there. So if there are any business buddies out there then send me a message.

What do you want to ask/need to know? Probably cant help but you can ask anyway.

Watty'n'arls
Hi,

If you're still looking for some answers, let me know, i might be able to save you some grief when you get here...
Old Apr 19th 2006, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Originally Posted by the ozbyrnes
Hi,

If you're still looking for some answers, let me know, i might be able to save you some grief when you get here...
Im looking for any answers i can get regarding what i will need to do when i get there!!! - lookinh at the possibility of setting up on my own but dont know what liscences etc i would need ??

cheers!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.