Perth

Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Loobie will become famous soon enoughLoobie will become famous soon enough
Smile Perth

Im due to start University to do a degree in Nursing and then hopefully onto midwifery. I am planning on emigrating to Perth in 4 to 5 years time. My kids will be 18 to 11 years of age. Should I start planning for emigration just now, or wait until nearer the time? xx

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Jan 9th 2011 at 12:11 am.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Perth

Remember the 18yr old will still need to be in full time education or they will not be "dependants"
I don't have much info for you nursing wise, maybe nip over to the nurses forum. I am assuming you are doing the degree to obtain points for emigration ?
In which case, you cannot really do anything until it has been completed and you have the necessary work experience required before applying

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Jan 9th 2011 at 12:12 am.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Thank you...Im very much new to here and first posting...x

I will be ensuring the 18 year old will still be in fulltime education...much to her dismay!

thank you for your time xx

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Jan 9th 2011 at 12:13 am.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

... Breasts

title was Pert...has been changed.

Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
... Breasts
No wonder this had over 100 views!

Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:34 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moriarty711
No wonder this had over 100 views!
Yes a very disappointing thread.
Pert Nurse would have seen a meltdown.

Hope it all goes well for you Loobie

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Jan 9th 2011 at 12:14 am.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:12 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Now that nearly everyone will have looked at this thread for the wrong reasons, I have changed the title.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:13 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Now that nearly everyone will have looked at this thread for the wrong reasons, I have changed the title.
No you haven't!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:15 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
No you haven't!
Think so - some times it takes a while.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Think so - some times it takes a while.
Thank you very much!! I did realise, but couldnt work out how to change it! Im new here...and struggling a little!! Glad my first post caused a little tittle of laughter lol x
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Oklie doklie... Why the RN then conversion? Why not direct entry midwifery? AND the most important question... How old will YOU be then????? are you happy to just do the RN and work as that ... What happens if you dont get a place to do midwifery????

When I qualified and immigrated it made no difference to your registration here whether you had DipHE or BSc... Only real difference was whether you we saaddled with loans to repay... Or lived within a bursary..lol... Things may have changed...
Old Jan 9th 2011, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi Eddie.

The reason I decided to do both is because if I dont manage to get to Oz and I have to stay here, then I have 2 options I can do. I originally wanted to do midwifery, but the employment status in Scotland for this is zilch!! So the RN nursing and then onto midwifery. But just now, my sights are set on getting my Nursing degree...the Midwifery is on the back burner just now.

I will be 43 by the time I graduate and thankfully, as Im doing Nursing I have no loan or bursary to pay back. Our monthly payments are seen as a 'wage' which is good and Nursing is the only course that offers this!

I have been looking at Perth and its surrounding area, but someone told me the schools arent very good here and has a lot of 'rough areas'. My heart is set on Perth to be honest. Im going to an immigration exhibition at the end of next month which Im looking forward too, and hopefully get some of my questions answered.

Thanks Eddie...any help you can offer will be gratefully appreciated! x
Old Jan 10th 2011, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Well at 43 youll only have 2 years to make your move... I would suggest its better to come here with an RN than spend another year in the uk lol... says someone who delyaed HER immigration because she was doing her CNSP which is USELESS here..

Rough areas in Perth... according to some on this forum I live in one of the roughest areas in Perth.. Its bloody Bootiful ... I have been working in our local Emergency Dept for the last 2.5 years and in comparrisson to the uk its positively heavenlike.... There is one area I would avoid... but other than that its pretty much like the UK 25 years ago ....

Nursing in Australia IS different to nursing in the UK and it can take you a while to adjust... If you're a newly qualified at the time you want to come out you could apply for a New Grad Program here... will you be coming on your skills???

The health authority I worked for werre advertising for RN applicants for Midwifery late last year... so you could do it here for sure...
Old Jan 10th 2011, 10:59 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

[ .[/QUOTE]

4-5 yrs..good idea..exchangerate might be alright then -lol
good luck
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by eddie007
Well at 43 youll only have 2 years to make your move... I would suggest its better to come here with an RN than spend another year in the uk lol... says someone who delyaed HER immigration because she was doing her CNSP which is USELESS here..

Rough areas in Perth... according to some on this forum I live in one of the roughest areas in Perth.. Its bloody Bootiful ... I have been working in our local Emergency Dept for the last 2.5 years and in comparrisson to the uk its positively heavenlike.... There is one area I would avoid... but other than that its pretty much like the UK 25 years ago ....

Nursing in Australia IS different to nursing in the UK and it can take you a while to adjust... If you're a newly qualified at the time you want to come out you could apply for a New Grad Program here... will you be coming on your skills???

The health authority I worked for werre advertising for RN applicants for Midwifery late last year... so you could do it here for sure...
Thanks Eddie, I could do midwifery in Australia and yes I will be entering thru my skills. Im soooo excited about the prospect and I only wish I was making the move tomorrow. I love my country very very much...but nothing here for my nor my girls anymore. Our future lies in Perth.

xx

Thank you Lancastrian 48....x