perth?

Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

ausdreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default perth?

hi all i was just wandering what perth is like, never considered it before is really windy all the time? which is what i keep on hearing cheers
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: perth?

Hiya,

It is windy but not all the time and when you need it most to cool down. If there wasn't a breeze here I think I would melt!LOL

Sarah
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

JAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the rough

Yeah ive heard the same a few of my friends are there im set to join them in june. but they said its a lot better having the breeze as the heat is too much sometimes.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:51 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

we live by the sea and last weekend we went to a friends for a party-they live inland a bit in cannington, it was 38 degrees and OMG it was choking beacause there was no breeze at all - The Fremantle Doctor -I luv him!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:37 am
Just Joined

mortrax is a jewel in the roughmortrax is a jewel in the roughmortrax is a jewel in the roughmortrax is a jewel in the rough
Wink Re: perth?

A few tips, after residing in Perth for six years;

1. Don't sell your house to move here, rent here for at least a year.

2. If you don't own a fishing rod, by one. You won't be doing much else.

3. Bring the least amount of stuff with you. No point paying excess relocation fees.

4. Extract and preserve your brain before you travel.

I think that just about covers it. I'm relocating to Europe this year while I've still got some saleable skills left....been a bit of an adventure though!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:01 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

nice to see your first contribution on here is a positive one....
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:19 am
Just Joined

mortrax is a jewel in the roughmortrax is a jewel in the roughmortrax is a jewel in the roughmortrax is a jewel in the rough

Reality is harsh........just takes a while to see it. Absolutely no point in dressing it up any other way. People need an objective stance if they are to assess things. It's not about being negative. I've lived and worked in four other countries so experience is related to that background. Whether you concur or not there are a lot of people who have no prior experiences outside Blighty. One holiday does not count.

One 'positive', if you must, is that my patriotism has been bolstered since arriving here. If I hadn't had a son severly brain injured in (yet another) WA road traffic incident I'd have been on the move three years ago.

Next stop Italy.........Rail, civil/military aerospace & automotive employment opportunities....and not a fishing rod in sight.................

Toodle pip!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:33 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mortrax
Reality is harsh........just takes a while to see it. Absolutely no point in dressing it up any other way. People need an objective stance if they are to assess things.
They do. But your post was not objective; it was as subjective as hell. Sure, Perth's not what you wanted and you're getting out. Good for you; hope it's the right decision. But don't pretend that your own opinions and impressions are some sort of "objective" analysis of Perth, better than anyone else's.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:41 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

Perth's not what you wanted and you're getting out. Good for you; hope it's the right decision.

I wish you and your family well, but not sure where you were or what you were doing in all that time but just to advise any nervous newbies that we are happy here and theres not a fishing rod in sight at our house!
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:59 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Perth's not what you wanted and you're getting out. Good for you; hope it's the right decision.

I wish you and your family well, but not sure where you were or what you were doing in all that time but just to advise any nervous newbies that we are happy here and theres not a fishing rod in sight at our house!
1. Don't sell your house to move here, rent here for at least a year.

3. Bring the least amount of stuff with you. No point paying excess relocation fees.

Both excellent advice for newbies in my opinion.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 5:10 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mortrax
Reality is harsh........

Your reality is not necessarily mine or someone elses'.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Like anywhere, Perth can be heaven or hell depending on where you live and your own taste. You'll have to check it out for yourself to really get a feel for it.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:47 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

.[/QUOTE]

Like anything or anywhere else, what u make of it I suppose.

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 8:11 am
Just Joined

JAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the rough

Yeah i agree you get out of something what you put in so deffo what you make of it. gotta be even if a little better, better than this country were living in. well thats my opinion.