Perth

Old May 1st 2003, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Perth

We are planning to settle in perth, as i have family there.
I was just wondering who else in this forum is heading that way and what your reasons are for choosing perth.
lucy
Old May 1st 2003, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Perth

Originally posted by wombat
I was just wondering who else in this forum is heading that way and what your reasons are for choosing perth.
lucy
We are Lucy, a family of four....
Been there 8 times and have brother who has lived there for 26 years, I feel that I know more about the place than I know of anywhere else and I know it appeals to me more than staying in the UK ( my opinion trolls ).
Old May 1st 2003, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

You tell it as you see, it does help those in the visa process.

Wombat good luck in Perth it seems a popular place.

footie chick
Old May 1st 2003, 8:01 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

lucy
Hiya!
We are off to Perth too!! September, all going well!
We travelled Oz on our 'round the world back packer' bit and liked Perth more than anywhere else. Not sure why! It just felt good! Comfortable and laid back. Met some fab people and had a fab time!!
Old May 1st 2003, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies,
Good luck with the move stoney dont let the trolls and their fan club get you down
hopefully see you saturday teresa
have a great life in brisbane footie chick
lucy

Last edited by wombat; May 1st 2003 at 8:56 pm.
Old May 1st 2003, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello,
we (husband and 2 daughters) are hoping to get to perth the back end of this year. Not quite sure why Perth, I've wanted to go to Australia since I qualified as a nurse 10 years ago and it was always Perth then, never really considered anywhere else. Had a bit of practice moving to strange places as i came over to Lancashire from Yorkshire - family have just about forgiven me for that one and I drop Australia on their laps.
Old May 2nd 2003, 1:38 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

lucy
Bad advice and being thick as a brick but its been an education that has open my world to things I rather not have bothered with good luck.

Old May 2nd 2003, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Bad advice and being thick as a brick but its been an education that has open my world to things I rather not have bothered with good luck.

You live and learn, who knows in a few years time i may end up bitter and twisted like you
Old May 2nd 2003, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point

lucy
Heading for Perth.

I was born in Melbourne in the 60's and my dad told me he had to scrape ice off the windscreen in the mornings, that put me right off!!! I left the UK cos it was too cold and wet!! Sydney, too cityfied and expensive. Friends who lived in Brisbane and further north said it was almost as humid as here in Florida - no thanks, I've had enough of frizzy hair! So Perth was the obvious choice for us, hot but with a dry heat. The city of Perth close by but the price of property too high so we are setting our sites on Bunbury area.

Can't wait to say G'day!

Wannabe Wallaby
Old May 2nd 2003, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

mikeburt is an unknown quantity at this point

don't listen to the negative vibes of PB.My time in Perth was great,wonderful climate ,great atmosphere,friendly people etc.
If you are a barfly then stay in the UK,you'll find a better quality of whinger there-Australia is for those that seek an outdoor life,want to find some quality to their life and want the best for their kids!
Having been in the catering trade all my life ,travelled and worked all over the world,I can assure you that Australia is at the top of the list for me-having spent 6.5years as a publican I can also tell you that PB is your typical pommie whinger-and I guarantee you that when he returns to the UK he will pee everybody off there too!
I'm now looking at getting back to Australia with the family and to go back to the thread,I have put the house on the market-my attitude is that we will buy a smaller house outright in the UK and rent it out in the short term.The revenue should cover our initial rental costs in Oz and we will look at purchasing within 12 months,once we are sure the kids have adapted we will probably look to buy a plot of land and do one of those builds where you basically can design your own home-the wifes always wanted to do that!
We will use the residue from the sale of our property to set this in motion,thus having a foot in both pools as it were!
Old May 2nd 2003, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Gibson will become famous soon enough

lucy
Hi, we are also going to Perth. Me and the hubby and two children Ben aged 6 and Erin soon to be 4. Initially we were going to Adelaide as I lived there a long time ago but then we met people that were going to Perth. To cut a long story short we changed our minds! Perth is where we think our future is so that is where we're heading, hopefully August/September time.

Janexxxx
Old May 2nd 2003, 8:20 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gibson
Hi, we are also going to Perth. Me and the hubby and two children Ben aged 6 and Erin soon to be 4. Initially we were going to Adelaide as I lived there a long time ago but then we met people that were going to Perth. To cut a long story short we changed our minds! Perth is where we think our future is so that is where we're heading, hopefully August/September time.

Janexxxx

I think all us perth peeps should have a get together once we all get there, perhaps november or near then!! Stay in contact on here then go for it big time the Aussie way!!! BBQ and stubbies, round the pool!!! :PARTY:
Old May 2nd 2003, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard

Still thick as a brick though.....looks like your running into BIG MISTAKE No.2 some people never learn.
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Perth

Going there because having been twice now, love the place, travelled all over OZ and couldn't feel happier any but....Perth!

See you all there soon

Old May 3rd 2003, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by teresa.c
I think all us perth peeps should have a get together once we all get there, perhaps november or near then!! Stay in contact on here then go for it big time the Aussie way!!! BBQ and stubbies, round the pool!!! :PARTY:
It would be great to stay in contact
but we have no chance of getting there for november

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.