Reload this Page >

Personal Trainers

Personal Trainers

Old Apr 2nd 2006, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

angelpie will become famous soon enoughangelpie will become famous soon enough
Smile Personal Trainers

HI
Do any of you use personal trainers or know anyone that does? I am trying to gather as much information as possible on Personal Training in OZ what the market is like for them how much do they charge etc..? I also interested in finding out about mother and baby classes (music and movement etc..) mainly in Gold Coast area. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 4:48 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal Trainers

Originally Posted by angelpie
HI
Do any of you use personal trainers or know anyone that does? I am trying to gather as much information as possible on Personal Training in OZ what the market is like for them how much do they charge etc..? I also interested in finding out about mother and baby classes (music and movement etc..) mainly in Gold Coast area. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
we would be intrested in this one as well
my wifes a personal trainer and hoping to work in the gyms etc in the gold coast area
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steve`o
we would be intrested in this one as well
my wifes a personal trainer and hoping to work in the gyms etc in the gold coast area
I could forward you anything i get sent back from gyms if you would like?
What does your wife do at the moment? is she self employed or work at a gym teach classes? how long has she done it for? Sorry for all the questions i am just starting out so i ask loads of questions! forgive me
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 4:57 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

I could forward you anything i get sent back from gyms if you would like?
What does your wife do at the moment? is she self employed or work at a gym teach classes? how long has she done it for? Sorry for all the questions i am just starting out so i ask loads of questions! forgive me

i`ll email you

also try seek.com.au for jobs

http://seek.com.au/jobsearch/index.a...562&sortmode=1

is a search on fitness centre vacancies

regards steve
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:25 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I belong to Fitness First in Brisbane and they have personal trainers in their gyms i think it's run like a franchise. It seems to be hugely popular, when i first joined they were doing a cheap introductory, it was very good.

www.fitnessfirst.com.au
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:50 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

HI
Thank you

I use two personal trainer (one I share with another girl) One for cycling and another for weights. They both charge $60 per hour. There are certainly plenty of personal trainer in the Melbourne area either in the gym or they have their own studios.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

HI
Thank you
I was just told this morning they're about $50/session. (North Suburbs, Bris). I'm doing "Commando School" at the moment. Quite a lot gyms are doing boot camp style programs. The gym I do it with have constructed a Commando Course out the back, and we have a couple of trainers pushing us through it. The course is $50/week or $350 for the 6 weeks full course (1 hr, 3 mornings/week)
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 11:09 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

HI
Thank you
hey angelpie

this should be useful as a guide to working in oz...
http://www.myfuture.edu.au/services/...0&ASCO=639611B

then try contacting gyms in the gold coast area you're headed - they'll usually tell you what quals and experience they're looking for - good luck
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 1:57 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Im on the prowl for my very own personal trainer,he has to be in his mid 20's,blonde,hunky and over 6 foot,he has to be bronzed and his name must be Dwayne,anyone know whare I can get such a creature?
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ransi
Im on the prowl for my very own personal trainer,he has to be in his mid 20's,blonde,hunky and over 6 foot,he has to be bronzed and his name must be Dwayne,anyone know whare I can get such a creature?
Ransi
If i find such a thing you can have him after me!
Jaime
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future

Hi,
I am a personal trainer, and I live on the gold coast, escape the rat race about 6 months ago.

Things I know are

Many big gyms(fitness first) offer to Personal Trainers access to there gym and all gym members for a weekly rent.

But I think that you should have no problem with getting clients, specially on the gold coast.

Many big gyms here, fitness first, ferwood, living well and a new franchise of 'beachhouse', so there is plenty of gyms around.

I have found that PT is a lot more popular here, than in the UK, and also everyone seems to be doing some sort of exercise, loads and loads of people walking, running, cycling, so it is a active society, including bicep curls with a pot of beer.

But all you need here to become a personal trainer is a 6 week training course, and you are qualified.

Pay, the lowest I have seen is $35 for 1/2 hour, and $55 for an 1 hour.

Bootcamps and group exercise, including group PT are very popular.

I hope this helps.

Goodluck Jo

HI
Thank you
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jo_west
Hi,
I am a personal trainer, and I live on the gold coast, escape the rat race about 6 months ago.

Things I know are

Many big gyms(fitness first) offer to Personal Trainers access to there gym and all gym members for a weekly rent.

But I think that you should have no problem with getting clients, specially on the gold coast.

Many big gyms here, fitness first, ferwood, living well and a new franchise of 'beachhouse', so there is plenty of gyms around.

I have found that PT is a lot more popular here, than in the UK, and also everyone seems to be doing some sort of exercise, loads and loads of people walking, running, cycling, so it is a active society, including bicep curls with a pot of beer.

But all you need here to become a personal trainer is a 6 week training course, and you are qualified.

Pay, the lowest I have seen is $35 for 1/2 hour, and $55 for an 1 hour.

Bootcamps and group exercise, including group PT are very popular.

I hope this helps.

Goodluck Jo
Thanks for that info.

How are you finding it in Oz, do you get alot of work? Where abouts do you live now?

Bootcamp sounds good have you done this?

Also i was thinking of having a studio in garage! Can you think of any obvious problems with this idea? I would of course have relevant insurance.
How much do you think a trainer would earn working in a gym?

Thanks again Jaime
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:55 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by jo_west

Goodluck Jo

jo by six week course do you mean gym instructor level 2 ??

thanks
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future

Oz is different, it takes a bit of time to adjust to the different ways, but it is all good really, lots of opportunities. I have also found that it is 'who you know', not 'what you know'.

We live in the gold coast, the hinterland in a place called 'mudgeeraba', about 10 minutes from the beach, nice place.

I have taken part in bootcamps, and it is a great intense workout.

I know some people here that are making a lot of money from PT's, mobile in gyms and in garages. There is people out there willing to pay for PT, everything is down to reputation and MARKETING.

Different Gyms have different charges, some have weekly rents like fitness first, some have ask for 10% of the PT charge.

I hope this helps. Do you have your Visa? Where are you going to move to?

Jo
Thanks for that info.

How are you finding it in Oz, do you get alot of work? Where abouts do you live now?

Bootcamp sounds good have you done this?

Also i was thinking of having a studio in garage! Can you think of any obvious problems with this idea? I would of course have relevant insurance.
How much do you think a trainer would earn working in a gym?

Thanks again Jaime
Old Apr 4th 2006, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
jo by six week course do you mean gym instructor level 2 ??

thanks
Sorry, it 8 weeks and you get Certificate 3 and 4 in fitness, this includes working as a gym instructor and a personal trainer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.