Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Personal Trainers

Personal Trainers

Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:46 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal Trainers

Originally Posted by angelpie
Ransi
If i find such a thing you can have him after me!
Jaime
I dont do sloppy seconds,cheers though...
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:56 am
Just Joined

angelpie will become famous soon enoughangelpie will become famous soon enough

Hi
Thanks for all your advise.

We stayed in Southport when we came over at the beginning of the year. We really liked it in Broad beach - i think that choosing an area will come down to schools and house prices

We haven't got our visas yet.

Do you work in a gym or are you self employed?

Jaime
Old Apr 4th 2006, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by angelpie
Hi
Thanks for all your advise.

We stayed in Southport when we came over at the beginning of the year. We really liked it in Broad beach - i think that choosing an area will come down to schools and house prices

We haven't got our visas yet.

Do you work in a gym or are you self employed?

Jaime
Self employed at the moment, looking at opening our own gym. Broadbeach is nice for good nights out, and good beach front, can be expensive though.

Goodluck with the visa.

Jo
Old Apr 4th 2006, 11:42 am
Just Joined

angelpie will become famous soon enoughangelpie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jo_west
Self employed at the moment, looking at opening our own gym. Broadbeach is nice for good nights out, and good beach front, can be expensive though.

Goodluck with the visa.

Jo
That's what we were thinking of doing! Oh well you beat us to it.
Maybe you could give me a job if we ever get there??
Be really interested to hear how you get on
Jaime
Old Apr 5th 2006, 5:02 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jaime

Debras just got this back from Fitness Australia re personal trainers

i hope this is of use to you

Date: 04/05/06 01:11:51
To: debra.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Personal trainers

Dear Debra
You qualifications are not accepted in Australia for registration purposes. You have two options:
1) When you arrive you will need to go through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). They will determine if you meet the required competencies against Certificate III and IV (You must have certificate IV to be a Personal Trainer). If you are deemed to meet all competencies you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment and therefore able to apply for registration.
2) If you are a current member of REPS UK you may be able to take advantage of the reciprocal agreement between REPS UK and Fitness Australia. You will need to prove the currency and level of your REPS UK registration and then be granted automatic registration at the appropriate level.
In addition to all this you will need to complete an Australian Senior First Aid Certificate in Australia. We do not accept any overseas First Aid Certificates.
Contact your nearest State Association for registration information or go to the website where you can download the Registration brochure and application form.
Regards

Karen xxxxxxxx
National Training and Registration Manager
Fitness Australia
PO Box 1311 Crows Nest NSW 1585
T: 02 9460 6130
Fax (02) 9460 6211
www.fitnessaustralia.com.au

Sent: Wednesday, 5 April 2006 2:37 AM
To: Admin
Subject: Personal trainers

My name is Debra xxxxxxxx and I am currently studying to be a personal trainer in England. I will be moving to Australia in Oct 06 and I was wondering how I go about finding out if my certificate is equivalent to your certificate needed to be a personal trainer.
I have done gym instructor level 2, business and marketing ,nutrition, training in different environments, life style and fitness and im now in the process of doing my advanced gym instructor level 3 which will then give me my personal trainer award.
I am a member of Fit Pro and im also insured with them,
what professional bodies do Australia have?.

Thank you
Yours Debra xxxxxxxxxx
E mail debra.xxxxxxxxxx

regards steve