Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Personal Contents Insurance - Traveling out to Oz one last time!!

Personal Contents Insurance - Traveling out to Oz one last time!!

Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

jaguaruk will become famous soon enoughjaguaruk will become famous soon enough
Default Personal Contents Insurance - Traveling out to Oz one last time!!

Hi,

I have not posted for ages now, since reading through some of the threads really started to depress me when I was reading about people who had managed to get their visas and where then able to move out to Oz almost immediately. We had our house on the market in July 2005, we got our visas in Sep 05, and authorized them in Nov 05, and we have only just managed to sell our house in Aug 06, we actually moved out yesterday!!!!

So I figured it’s time to check out the website and see what everyone is up to. I am writing this at my parent’s house, and we will actually arrive on the Gold Coast on the 12th Nov, having spent 3 weeks in Florida.

My question to anyone who can help us is regarding personal contents insurance for a few weeks, we are trying to get some insurance sorted for about £6,000 for some laptops and camera equipment, but no UK company will touch us because we are going one way, and no Australian company will touch us because we don’t have a permanent address, talk abut piggy in the middle!!!

Anyone know who we can talk to, who can maybe help us out?

TIA,

Ken.