Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Permanent Visa from Australia

Permanent Visa from Australia

Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Permanent Visa from Australia

As some of you know, we are out here on a 457IE visa, and as soon as we can apply, we would like to change that to Permanent Visas.

Has anyone done this? And roughly, how much did it cost per applicant?

Any good advice wouldn't go amiss either.

Thanks

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:54 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Visa from Australia

Do you mean the visa application charges, or the cost of using an agent to assist?

For reference the pathways to p/r for 457-IE visaholders are discussed here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=258

Visa application charges are discussed here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm

And if you would like details of our fees, please contact me!

Best regards.

Originally Posted by whisky
As some of you know, we are out here on a 457IE visa, and as soon as we can apply, we would like to change that to Permanent Visas.

Has anyone done this? And roughly, how much did it cost per applicant?

Any good advice wouldn't go amiss either.

Thanks

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Do you mean the visa application charges, or the cost of using an agent to assist?

For reference the pathways to p/r for 457-IE visaholders are discussed here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=258

Visa application charges are discussed here:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i.htm

And if you would like details of our fees, please contact me!

Best regards.

Oh Alan, I knew you would be there to come to my rescue .
Both I think.
Just trying to do my sums for the next prcess.

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:02 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Alan, I knew you would be there to come to my rescue .
Both I think.
Just trying to do my sums for the next prcess.

Whisky
Whisky (& Alan)
I am in the same boat!
I will also follow the links.
I have been told to wait 6 months before applying for PR.
But I think my visa class is just a 457 without the IE.
Does that make sense?

Andrew
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

My husband and i are at the end of applying for onshore PR visa.

I am not sure if you guys will have the same costs, but so far the main application cost approx $1750, then theres the medical costs...will have to check that price out as i cant remember.

One good thing is though. By law the process has to be completed within 7mths. so at least you know theres a time limit.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by podgypossum
My husband and i are at the end of applying for onshore PR visa.

I am not sure if you guys will have the same costs, but so far the main application cost approx $1750, then theres the medical costs...will have to check that price out as i cant remember.

One good thing is though. By law the process has to be completed within 7mths. so at least you know theres a time limit.
Thanks PP, I was a little worried as i had heard rumours that it was a lot more than that.

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Thanks PP, I was a little worried as i had heard rumours that it was a lot more than that.

Whisky

That price is for two adults Whiskey, and Bill just told me that the medicals were about $260 each
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

That price is for two adults Whiskey, and Bill just told me that the medicals were about $260 each
Thanks again PP.
And whilst I have your attention - I am really pleased that you are posting back on here. I missed your posts.

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanx Whiskey

Just been having a tough time recently, you know what its like..sometimes you just cant be bothered!!

How is the business doing? I hope to get out your way one day, hopefully you will have a low calorie lettuce leaf and mineral water on offer!!
Old Aug 17th 2004, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanx Whiskey

Just been having a tough time recently, you know what its like..sometimes you just cant be bothered!!

How is the business doing? I hope to get out your way one day, hopefully you will have a low calorie lettuce leaf and mineral water on offer!!
Yes, I feel like that sometimes, even as far as getting on here and then reading the posts and thinking, oh I just can't be bothered to write anything, and everyone else seems to have things covered.

Business has been okay, and we are getting through the winter months, but will be glad when the Spring/Summer months get here and we are packed every day and night.
We would rather be doing 14-16 hour days and be packed to the doors rather than doing the same amount of hours and only getting a few in, especially if the weather is rough. We still have the same amount of bills to pay each time.

We did very well last year, but didn't get opened till the 2nd week of January, so missed a lot of time.
The staff keep saying that they think that we will be packed the whole time.
I hope so, as we really need to see a big difference in the Bank Balance this Summer, with all we have had to spend on the business.

As always, staying optimistic.

With saying all that, I am seriously thinking of getting another job, mainly to get away from the other half. Getting a bit sick of the sight of him, and from his reactions sometimes, I think he thinks the same of me.

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2004, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I admire you..as much as i love my big bear to bits, i think if i had to work with him everyday i would turn into a screaming banshee!!! :scared:
Old Aug 17th 2004, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

I admire you..as much as i love my big bear to bits, i think if i had to work with him everyday i would turn into a screaming banshee!!! :scared:
We have got to the stage that we hardly speak to eachother now as we are either too tired, or sick to the sight of eachother.

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2004, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

With saying all that, I am seriously thinking of getting another job, mainly to get away from the other half. Getting a bit sick of the sight of him, and from his reactions sometimes, I think he thinks the same of me.

Whisky

Stick with it, you know business will improve come Spring. Nobody can be bothered going out to anything other than shopping malls when it's windy and raining. You don't want other half gloating when business picks up, do you? Be there to share in the glory.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Zebra4

Whisky

Stick with it, you know business will improve come Spring. Nobody can be bothered going out to anything other than shopping malls when it's windy and raining. You don't want other half gloating when business picks up, do you? Be there to share in the glory.
No Zebra, but I really think that it would do us both good to have a break fro m eacho other, and i would still help at the weekends.

Have you heard from Janeyray lately?

Whisky
Old Aug 17th 2004, 10:06 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

PR options for a 457 holder are different to 457IE, in most cases.
Employer nomination is the usual route, general skilled may be an option.

Why have you been told you need to wait 6 months?

Jeremy

Originally Posted by andrew63
Whisky (& Alan)
I am in the same boat!
I will also follow the links.
I have been told to wait 6 months before applying for PR.
But I think my visa class is just a 457 without the IE.
Does that make sense?

Andrew