Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights booked (via US)

Flights booked (via US)

Old Aug 16th 2004, 10:01 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights booked (via US)

Hi all

Just in case anyone is thinking of going via the US.

Here is the breakdown of our costs.

The route is:-

London - San Fran - Las Vegas - Brisbane

Leaving on 27/11 arriving 05/12 (having 3 nights in both San Fran and Vegas).

The cost is £670 per person flying BA/QANTAS with the internal leg using AA.

And you do get 2 bags at 32kg each.

www.globalvillageflights.com

cheers

TT
Old Aug 16th 2004, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights booked (via US)

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Hi all

cheers

TT
Have a great trip TT, but watch out as SF can be pretty cold. I was there in early June and although it was very sunny the temp was only about 16-20 with a cold wind, especially out in the bay on the way to Alcatraz (well worth trip). If you go inland the temp is often 10 degrees warmer - very strange

And don't spend all your money in Vagas beofre you get to Oz

Alastair
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure all family members have their own machine readable passports if planning to visit or transit the US visa free after 26 October. Children on parents passports will be a no-no for the US visa waiver after that date.

Jeremy

Originally Posted by Al H
Have a great trip TT, but watch out as SF can be pretty cold. I was there in early June and although it was very sunny the temp was only about 16-20 with a cold wind, especially out in the bay on the way to Alcatraz (well worth trip). If you go inland the temp is often 10 degrees warmer - very strange

And don't spend all your money in Vagas beofre you get to Oz

Alastair
Old Aug 17th 2004, 2:54 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Not really very strange. San Francisco's climate is very much moderated by the cold ocean current. The effect of this disappears as one goes inland and onshore winds no longer reach.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point

Great News TT, that will come round really quickly now!!

Hope all plans are going well?

Speak soon

Nat

Hi all

cheers

TT
Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:55 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JAJ

Thanks for the advice.

How will we know if our passports are machine readable?
Mine was isssued in 2001 (UK passport) and the other halfs in 2000 (Aussie passport) no kids that I know of.

cheers

TT

Originally Posted by JAJ
Make sure all family members have their own machine readable passports if planning to visit or transit the US visa free after 26 October. Children on parents passports will be a no-no for the US visa waiver after that date.

Jeremy
Old Aug 17th 2004, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Hi JAJ

Thanks for the advice.

Mine was isssued in 2001 (UK passport) and the other halfs in 2000 (Aussie passport) no kids that I know of.

cheers

TT
Good luck and have a safe trip.
IJ
Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JAJ

Thanks for the advice.

cheers

TT
TT

Yours should be machine readable - see http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/news/news.asp?intElement=808
for details. Not sure about the Aussie requirements ,but you should check that Aussie passports are accepted under the Visa Waiver Scheme

Alastair
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:15 am
Go the BNE Roar

Thanks for the link Alastair.

It would seem that Aussies are also allowed to enter under the VWS.

For a list of nations that are allowed to enter the US the link is below.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/niv/vwp.htm

cheers

TT

TT

Yours should be machine readable - see http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/news/news.asp?intElement=808
for details. Not sure about the Aussie requirements ,but you should check that Aussie passports are accepted under the Visa Waiver Scheme

Alastair
Old Aug 17th 2004, 9:30 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

cheers

TT
TT
Enjoy!
San Fran is great but if you want to go to Alcatraz, you may need to book early. When I went to SF for a few days, I could not get to Alacatraz as all trips were fully booked.
Vegas is fab too! Make sure you become "member" of the concession/gambling card (I cannot remember what it was called) but you get a credit card type of thing (all free) which you insert into slots or show at the tables. Depending upon how much money you win (lose!) and/or the amount of time you play, you will get discount off your hotel room!
Remember - free drinks while you are gambling!!!
Wish I was going that way but not so suitable for my young family!

Andrew
Old Aug 17th 2004, 10:09 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

This page should help:
http://www.passports.gov.au/web/us_visa_entry.aspx

Jeremy

Hi JAJ

Thanks for the advice.

cheers

TT