Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Peregian Springs, Qld - anybody know anything about it?

Peregian Springs, Qld - anybody know anything about it?

Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peregian Springs, Qld - anybody know anything about it?

Originally Posted by welshviking
huh??????
No idea but her account appears to have been closed so no-one can contact her through it.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:46 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No idea but her account appears to have been closed so no-one can contact her through it.
?????ah well, you know where else to find her.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
?????ah well, you know where else to find her.
Yep, doesn't help the OP with Peregian Springs info though
Old Aug 5th 2010, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Alexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant futureAlexor has a brilliant future

I lived there for a year and it is a very good location. My kids were 9 & 10 at the time and we planned to visit both the Coolum and Sunshine Beach schools which were about equal distance away. The people at Sunshine Beach were so rude when they found out we were Brits that I didn't even bother going up there. We ended up at Coolum and the kids loved it. You may have a different experience
Old Aug 5th 2010, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light

I currently live on the springs, with 2 young kids, 6 year old in Prep at the the new 'Green' Peregian springs state school, which has been excellent so far, and a 4 year old in the day care centre here. We are 5 min from P.Beach, 5 min from Coolum. To be honest, when we first came here, over 2 years ago, we never wanted to live on an 'estate', especially a golf one, lol, but after thinking what would be more ideal for us with the kids, we rented here first. We have made many friends here, most we can walk to, a few great parks, BBQ's, very safe to walk or bike to, mostly families here, very safe, brand new state school which most can walk or bike to, (most kids actually moved from the private school) great community spirit, very friendly, no probs with others/teens. Fairly new Coles, BWS, 3 cafes, bar, dance school, hairdressers, gym, they have just started work on the recreational centre that will have a pool. (all within walking distance for us), 10min to Eumundi, 15-20 to civic or Noosa/Noosaville. I you are feeling energetic, you can walk to the closest beach access in around 15-25min walk.

Coolum and Peregian Beach also both nice, but we wouldnt have been able to afford a similar house at either, plus for us, we have more benefits to living on an estate while kids are young. (easy to walk to parks, safe for bike rides, without worrying about cars/roads.)

I sometimes feel im the youngest living here at 30, most of my friends are more like mid/late 30's to late 40s. Im sure if my kids were slightly older, I would have met more mid 40 - late 50's. You will be fine where ever you live on the s.coast.

Just ask me for more info if needed and I will try to help
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Bournes
I currently live on the springs, with 2 young kids, 6 year old in Prep at the the new 'Green' Peregian springs state school, which has been excellent so far, and a 4 year old in the day care centre here. We are 5 min from P.Beach, 5 min from Coolum. To be honest, when we first came here, over 2 years ago, we never wanted to live on an 'estate', especially a golf one, lol, but after thinking what would be more ideal for us with the kids, we rented here first. We have made many friends here, most we can walk to, a few great parks, BBQ's, very safe to walk or bike to, mostly families here, very safe, brand new state school which most can walk or bike to, (most kids actually moved from the private school) great community spirit, very friendly, no probs with others/teens. Fairly new Coles, BWS, 3 cafes, bar, dance school, hairdressers, gym, they have just started work on the recreational centre that will have a pool. (all within walking distance for us), 10min to Eumundi, 15-20 to civic or Noosa/Noosaville. I you are feeling energetic, you can walk to the closest beach access in around 15-25min walk.

Coolum and Peregian Beach also both nice, but we wouldnt have been able to afford a similar house at either, plus for us, we have more benefits to living on an estate while kids are young. (easy to walk to parks, safe for bike rides, without worrying about cars/roads.)

I sometimes feel im the youngest living here at 30, most of my friends are more like mid/late 30's to late 40s. Im sure if my kids were slightly older, I would have met more mid 40 - late 50's. You will be fine where ever you live on the s.coast.

Just ask me for more info if needed and I will try to help
Thank you very much for this reply !!! Very positive ! We spent the day up there today, and will know in the next week or two what the outcome is of the venture and whether we will be moving.
If I could contact you when we know for some advise.....I really would appreciate it. Especially re the school .....which I am going to see late next week. I was interested to see you comment that many kids moved there from the private school.....that is always a good sign. My daughter is in Grade 2 at a state school here in Brisbane and I have been VERY happy. I will be honest and say that the biggest stress for me is making sure that she is happy in the school we choose for her - and that is mostly relating to the teachers they have as they are the biggest influence at this age.....
Thank you for your reply.....