Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Peregian Springs, Qld - anybody know anything about it?

Peregian Springs, Qld - anybody know anything about it?

Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default Peregian Springs, Qld - anybody know anything about it?

We are currently living in the North of Brisbane and have been here a year. I am VERY VERY happy and love this place and feel very settled. I have made friends, my daughter is happy in school (local state primary school)......etc etc.
However, a business opportunity has come up in Peregian Springs (Sunshine Coast - 1hr 15min drive north of here) - we are currently assessing the viability of the opportunity, and it is looking good. Worth reviewing further at any rate.
I am an incredibly adaptable person, but find myself "sad" at the thought that I may have to move.....and leave this new community behind that I feel such a great "sense of belonging" with.
As such, I am trying to get my head around the idea, and part of that is learning more about Peregian Springs. Does anyone know anything about the place? What are the schools like? (Ideally we would like state primary and private high) . What kind of community is it? Is it full of "starter homes" (I believe it is a reasonably new suburb?) or mixed?
We are "older" parents, so whilst we have a young, primary school child (seven years old), we straddle two generations (my husband is 58 and I am 42).

We are obviously going to drive around the area and get a feel, and talk to people in the shops etc..... but just looking for that awesome information that I have found so many times here before.

If the business idea is worth progressing, we could be there inside a month.....so not much time to assess the personal side of it - all about business at this stage. You guys are my "personal research" !!!!

Any knowledge would help....

Cheers
Nix
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:47 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peregian Springs, Qld - anybody know anything about it?

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
We are currently living in the North of Brisbane and have been here a year. I am VERY VERY happy and love this place and feel very settled. I have made friends, my daughter is happy in school (local state primary school)......etc etc.
However, a business opportunity has come up in Peregian Springs (Sunshine Coast - 1hr 15min drive north of here) - we are currently assessing the viability of the opportunity, and it is looking good. Worth reviewing further at any rate.
I am an incredibly adaptable person, but find myself "sad" at the thought that I may have to move.....and leave this new community behind that I feel such a great "sense of belonging" with.
As such, I am trying to get my head around the idea, and part of that is learning more about Peregian Springs. Does anyone know anything about the place? What are the schools like? (Ideally we would like state primary and private high) . What kind of community is it? Is it full of "starter homes" (I believe it is a reasonably new suburb?) or mixed?
We are "older" parents, so whilst we have a young, primary school child (seven years old), we straddle two generations (my husband is 58 and I am 42).

We are obviously going to drive around the area and get a feel, and talk to people in the shops etc..... but just looking for that awesome information that I have found so many times here before.

If the business idea is worth progressing, we could be there inside a month.....so not much time to assess the personal side of it - all about business at this stage. You guys are my "personal research" !!!!

Any knowledge would help....

Cheers
Nix
you might want to send a PM to Glittababe who used to live not far from there if I recall...
cheers
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:07 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I think that emelems lives up there if I remember correctly....

Here it is. There are very few starter homes up that way, as it is right on the coast and it is a "desirable" location too.

Your business opportunity is likely to be situated in the main "precinct" between grebe and heron street. If it is a retail/restaurant opportunity it might be worth your while booking a holiday home up that way for a week so that you can get a feel for current business.

As you can see from the following website there are lots of holiday homes up that way...and a surprising number of units too.
http://www.peregianbeachholiday.com.au/

I think it is a superb place because it is right next to a stunning beach and it is close to both coolum and noosa. But you'll have to weigh up the risks of this opportunity, vs what you already have.

good luck !

edit - just ignore all of the above. You're after info about Peregian Springs.... woops ! sorry I know nothing about the area

Last edited by asprilla; Jul 21st 2010 at 6:10 am.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

moonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant futuremoonsurfer has a brilliant future

I know it as it is near Coolum on the Sunshine Coast where I go a few times a year. It's basically a planned community which started getting established about 10 or so years ago, in the middle of what was a thick pine forest off the Eumundi-Noosa road/Sunshine Coast Motorway. It's very quiet - a couple of km inland from the coast and the landscaping/housing is very new and impressive with large gardens. Houses are generally big with wide streets and there's a golf course. Not sure about schools or shops etc as I haven't had a look there for a while.

The Sunshine Coast is a lovely area with a diverse range of people from wealthy investors and retirees to artists and people just living to go surfing. It's worth a look to see what you think of it.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Thank you for the replies and the info - I have two fourm members to contact, and that in itself is a GREAT help ! I am a firm believer that "information is power" and the more I know about the area, the better I will feel about reviewing the opportunity.

This forum never ceases to amaze me.....
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Thank you for the replies and the info - I have two fourm members to contact, and that in itself is a GREAT help ! I am a firm believer that "information is power" and the more I know about the area, the better I will feel about reviewing the opportunity.

This forum never ceases to amaze me.....

Bris to perigian is only a 90 min drive on the weekend, drive up, look around.

ITs about 15 mins from noosa and 25 from maroochydore, both have a bit of life perigian is pretty quite, some flash ( as in big homes on small blocks, golf course sorta way). Apartment complex, gated community in there too.

There is a good private school up there, anglican, state schools like any states depend on the combo of teachers and kids you get each year.

If your buying a business up there, take care to check it out 'in season' and out, unless its a post office or something.

I really would drive up if your only in brisvegas.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Bris to perigian is only a 90 min drive on the weekend, drive up, look around.

ITs about 15 mins from noosa and 25 from maroochydore, both have a bit of life perigian is pretty quite, some flash ( as in big homes on small blocks, golf course sorta way). Apartment complex, gated community in there too.

There is a good private school up there, anglican, state schools like any states depend on the combo of teachers and kids you get each year.

If your buying a business up there, take care to check it out 'in season' and out, unless its a post office or something.

I really would drive up if your only in brisvegas.
We did exactly that last week and it does look lovely. Quite small and very quaint, but I think a great place to raise kids. And it is so close to the beach which is what we like. The houses look good - a mixture from small to large.

I'll let you know how it goes !

Nix
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

lenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nice

Hi, I lived in Coolum Beach for a couple of years. PM me if you want any info. Coolum is lovely and has more of a small town feel than Peregian Springs which is a massive new housing area. My husband was a real estate agent there and said it wasnt a good buy as so many houses to choose from and new land being released made it harder to sell. It always had a bit of a stepford wives feel to it for me too. Check out Coolum. Lovely beach, nice child friendly resaurants and pubs, only a stones throw from Peregian too.
Les
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Bob Tonnor will become famous soon enoughBob Tonnor will become famous soon enough

Dont that much about it, apparantly its 'home' to a major housing development, take a look at this http://www.locationlowdown.com.au/se...gian%20Springs

Bob
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 8:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not helpful but all the ads for there and places like that remind me of Centerparcs in the UK. Sorry, had to say it.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:54 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I might as well throw my tuppence in... I'd go for peregian beach or coolum beach ahead of peregian springs.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:08 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Emelems is definitely in Perigian. I'm moving to Eumundi next month, well we actually start paying rent next week! Which is only 15mins away.

We also looked a lot at businesses on the Sunshine coast year.

If I can help with anything just ask.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 12:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
Hiya

Emelems is definitely in Perigian. I'm moving to Eumundi next month, well we actually start paying rent next week! Which is only 15mins away.

We also looked a lot at businesses on the Sunshine coast year.

If I can help with anything just ask.
Emelems is no longer a BE member though
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

If its the bakery you are buying give a shout

Paddy
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:20 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Emelems is no longer a BE member though
huh??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.