"You're mad!!!!!" [Who'd want to do that]
13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

People's reaction

Old Aug 30th 2003, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by arlene
unfortunatly, most people have had positive reactions apart from the one i love the most my dad, he is 75 and since we started talking about doing this he has slowly started to distance himself from me, if my brother suggests a family drink then only him and my brother go, he has said that he will come out to visit every year but who knows

all my life he has said that i need to do what is right for me and not to worry about anybody else but when push comes to shove i suppose that sentiment dosnt count

i suppose most people doing this have relatives like this and have to live with the guilt that goes with the application

arlene
Arlene, you must feel so sad at times because of your Dad.
But you must go if this is what you want,

Would it be possible for you to keep some money for a return flight tucked away somewhere?
I understand it's going to be easier for you in England to save as the wages in Oz are not as high, Then if you feel the need you can send for your Dad or go yourself,
It might make you feel better if all you have to do is remember the little stash hidden ??
All the best to you