Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

for the people who asked about Removals Insurance alternatives

for the people who asked about Removals Insurance alternatives

Old May 9th 2005, 11:40 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the people who asked about Removals Insurance alternatives

I did look at L Percival but was put off by the fact that they wanted almost a complete inventory including costs of everything. We have just claimed AU$4000 from Crown for their breakages and it was bad enough having to inventory the costs of 26 items! The thought of doing it before any event put the dampers on that one and we paid the extra. Also, the 1% excess seems a bit of a con: if you have say £60k to insure that's £600 excess?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
I have been looking at shippers today, no news from our solicitors and today wham....ready to exchange!!!!! :scared:
So I am now panicking about getting a shipper got a quote from pss, crown, john mason, bonner and pickfords. Im still waiting for some to come in. Some of them have talked about marine insurance and pss have standard liability insurance? whats the difference? SHould I know also consider L Percival? So much to do so little time...................

Any advice gratefully received.
Confused Irene
Old Jul 20th 2005, 4:03 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read all through this but you have to insure every last item with them to get that rate down to every last teaspoon