Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

people just dont understand

Wikiposts

people just dont understand

Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:27 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: people just dont understand

Originally Posted by wmoore
That's awful. What a thing for your mother to put into your head. I hope it hasn't put you off. In my opinion she needs a shake-up and to realise that she's not the only person in the world.

Here Here WM Moore, every individual has their own expectations and dreams in life, what right has anybody else to stand in the way !!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:03 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Oh Dawn
that's just awful, I hate that guilt thing
my mom's at it too " my heart will break and it will never repair,I'll never get over it" if she had only said to me, fine I'd say she was being melodramatic and ignore it. She decided to say the same thing to my two young daughters when she had them for an afternoon, well out of order and now things are very strained between us and I'm trying to explain to my daughters that they don't need to feel guilty about a decision that we've made, and that nan will be fine.
What makes me even angrier is that I'm one of seven and she encourages the lads to do what they want, but me and my sisters are a different kettle of fish, I feel shes just being selfish.
Please don't let your moms words spoil the excitement, I think we all need to revel in that feeling when it comes, as I'm sure we will all have times when we will need to draw on that feeling to help through difficult times of one kind or another.
Everyone has to work hard to do this, it's no picnic, and I can't stand selfish people even if they are moms!

Carole

sorry been holding that rant in a bit, my apologies

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi guys, know exactly how you feel...spoke to my mum again yesterday about it and her reaction was "well if you go im just going to kill myself" I said come on dont say that and her answer was "i will" that was the end of that conversation!
Waitin for medicals to be requested then when we want to jump with excitement, all I will be doing is worrying about everyone bloody hell!
Dawn
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:12 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
She decided to say the same thing to my two young daughters when she had them for an afternoon, well out of order
I've read that kind of comment from a few on here too. I can't believe that any grand-mother would use their grand-kids in such a way

My mother was gutted when we told her but she kind of always knew it would happen one day so she said "if that's waht makes you happy ....".

Edit: But I guess it's different for blokes anyway.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:58 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: people just dont understand

Thanks guys, feels better now.....got the mother in law to deal with next who will totally blame me for taking her perfect son away to the other side of the planet!!

As he says, they could drop everything and come to if they wanted, they have retired, family out there and enough in there savings, so I wont be made to feel awful, do feel a bit bad taking there grand daughter but flights are getting cheaper anyway, as far as i see it lifes not a rehearsal and with only have one shot at it so im off!!!!
Dawn
xx

ul.iteif any of you also in thatl
hteQUOTE=wmoore]I've read that kind of comment from a few on here too. I can't believe that any grand-mother would use their grand-kids in such a way

My mother was gutted when we told her but she kind of always knew it would happen one day so she said "if that's waht makes you happy ....".

Edit: But I guess it's different for blokes anyway.[/QUOTE]