Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pensions????????

pensions????????

Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:59 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default pensions????????

can anyone tell me please

how do you and what do you do about previous frozen pensions?

jan xx
Old Jan 13th 2006, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Re: pensions????????

Originally Posted by robos
can anyone tell me please

how do you and what do you do about previous frozen pensions?

jan xx
You can, and you should actively consider, transferring them to one or more supperannuation funds in Australia. You can use a financial expert to do that, andif you search on this forum you will no doubt find a few names, such as Alan Collett that can assist, for a fee. Or you can do it yourself. Simply get your pension fund's transfer forms and go through your chosen superannuation fund provider in Australia.

You can keep you funds in the UK pension, of course. Look out for the tax implications of this due to Australia's FIF rules (Foreign Investment Funds).

The definitive BE thread of DIY pension transfers occurred in the first quarter of 2005. I'll try and post it up if I can find it.

Neil
Old Jan 13th 2006, 11:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pensions????????

Originally Posted by wongstonn
You can keep you funds in the UK pension, of course. Look out for the tax implications of this due to Australia's FIF rules (Foreign Investment Funds).
If it's an employer sponsored scheme then FIF rules do not apply and if it's defined benefit, it may be best to leave it where it is. Depends on circumstances.

Jeremy