Reload this Page >

pension transfers

pension transfers

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

bradsue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pension transfers

Hi ya
Is there any one out there, who has recently transferred a pension over from the UK and if so, can you recommend the company you used to assist with this.There is so many ones on the internet,
Many thanks
Sue (Perth)
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all
Default Re: pension transfers

Originally Posted by bradsue
Hi ya
Is there any one out there, who has recently transferred a pension over from the UK and if so, can you recommend the company you used to assist with this.There is so many ones on the internet,
Many thanks
Sue (Perth)
Sue, you do not need to pay these companies 2-5% of your pension. If you have taken financial advice and it is recommended that you bring yours out, then join one of the QROPS super funds (AustralianSuper, SunSuper) look at them on the internet, when you have joined tell them you wish to roll over a UK fund and they will send you out the forms, complete them and sit and wait at no cost to you, they want your money in their fund so are only willing to do the leg work.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:46 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Sue, you do not need to pay these companies 2-5% of your pension. If you have taken financial advice and it is recommended that you bring yours out, then join one of the QROPS super funds (AustralianSuper, SunSuper) look at them on the internet, when you have joined tell them you wish to roll over a UK fund and they will send you out the forms, complete them and sit and wait at no cost to you, they want your money in their fund so are only willing to do the leg work.
Yup, that's what we did... Australian Super have been really good...
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rodders39
Yup, that's what we did... Australian Super have been really good...
How long did yours take.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:01 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

How long did yours take.
Still waiting... We did the assessment stuff and then had a good look around... Lots of people would do it but wanted a large chunk of what is a relatively small pot for us... Then saw a really good post on here, can't remember who wrote it, that outlined a lot of stuff and mentioned Aussie Super... We contacted them, filled some forms out, filled some more out, and now it's in the pipeline... Just really wanted to get it done with as little cost & hassle as possible, then sort a pension out here when we're more settled...
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:30 am
Just Joined

bradsue is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that advice,will look into getting that sorted
sue
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:06 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Sue,

A list of QROPS funds is available via this webpage:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=400

Best regards.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:40 am
RRZ
Forum Regular

RRZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Some (really) good news, I think. The firm doing my transfer has just sent me a link to an article in the UK which says that the HMRC have given the "green light" to pension transfers to Australia after June 30. See the following:

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/public/sh...ageName=449252

Obvioulsy there has been some discussion within the HMRC but some of the firms, named eslewhere, have been really winding this up. The process is already stressful enough without their assistance!

Cheers
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RRZ
Some (really) good news, I think. The firm doing my transfer has just sent me a link to an article in the UK which says that the HMRC have given the "green light" to pension transfers to Australia after June 30. See the following:

http://www.ifaonline.co.uk/public/sh...ageName=449252

Obvioulsy there has been some discussion within the HMRC but some of the firms, named eslewhere, have been really winding this up. The process is already stressful enough without their assistance!

Cheers
The cynic in me says this was only ever a hyped up exercise to "encourage" individuals to arrange pension transfers. Pension benefits transferred from a UK scheme to an Australian superannuation fund have had tax advantages for a fair while now (ie funds transferred can be accessed on a tax free basis at retirement), so I don't really see what relevance the new super regime in Australia has when compared to the previous version.

I'm happy to be be better informed if someone can tell me what relevance the 01/07/2007 superannuation changes have to transfers from a UK pension fund ...

Best regards.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:03 am
RRZ
Forum Regular

RRZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally agree, I was trying to be "nice". One firm laid it on particularly thick - too bad there isn't a law against obvious "scaremongering" Hopefully bad karma will follow them ..