Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT work Cairns / Townsville

IT work Cairns / Townsville

Old May 28th 2007, 3:51 am
Just Joined

PeeWee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT work Cairns / Townsville

Anyone any idea what the chances of employment in IT work are in either Townsville or Cairns?

Thanks!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:05 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT work Cairns / Townsville

Not doing very well in the reply stakes are you Peewee ?

Well, I'm not sure I can help much but will try.

From what I gather neither are teaming with golden opportunities for IT people in the way that one or two of the big cities might be.

However because they are somewhat IT backwaters perhaps there are opportunities for the few experts that do come here.....after all there are some largish organisations that of course have an IT demand.

I'm thinking airports, engineering co's, hospitals, financial institutions, mining co's etc.

Guess you will need to check out the likes of these over a period of time to get a flavour of what's on offer.....
http://www.seek.com.au/index.ascx?tracking=googleau
http://www.jobs.careerone.com.au/js.php

Sorry I can't be more helpful mate
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PeeWee
Anyone any idea what the chances of employment in IT work are in either Townsville or Cairns?

Thanks!
Sorry mate can't really help, have only found out about IT opportunities in Perth, Adelaide and Tasmania. Good luck with the replies though. This should bump you up the listing order again!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

derf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nice

If your in Townsville and have skills in PC repair,maintanace ect. plase call.
We are always looking for techies. PM me for the phone number.

Graham and Vera
Nerds DownUnder Townsville
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:51 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derf
If your in Townsville and have skills in PC repair,maintanace ect. plase call.
We are always looking for techies. PM me for the phone number.

Graham and Vera
Nerds DownUnder Townsville
That's excellent but if you're in the industry what's the answer to the original question ?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

derf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nice

I dont know about other area of the industry. I am hard pressed just keeping up with my little area. There are the usual IT employers you get every where else, education, hospitals, uni, mines. As I have not had to go job hunting in Townsville I have no idea what the job situation is like.
All I know is that getting people with the required technical skills is easy. Getting people with the technical skills as well as the needed customer skills is very hard.

Graham
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by derf
I dont know about other area of the industry. I am hard pressed just keeping up with my little area. There are the usual IT employers you get every where else, education, hospitals, uni, mines. As I have not had to go job hunting in Townsville I have no idea what the job situation is like.
All I know is that getting people with the required technical skills is easy. Getting people with the technical skills as well as the needed customer skills is very hard.

Graham
Thanks for that Graham
I have 2 sons that would suit your requirement to a T.
You'll have to move your business up to Cairns
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Thanks for that Graham
I have 2 sons that would suit your requirement to a T.
You'll have to move your business up to Cairns
Bix, is your son is at DSE Stocklands? If so, I impressed by his product knowledge.

WW
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:13 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Bix, is your son is at DSE Stocklands? If so, I impressed by his product knowledge.

WW
Six foot four beanpole with goaty type beard ?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Six foot four beanpole with goaty type beard ?
Forgot the slight accent

WW
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Forgot the slight accent

WW
Aussies often call him Irish

He's mild mannered, honest, polite, knowledgable and takes pride in his work.
Must take after his mum