Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PB accuses the press

PB accuses the press

Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

porkchop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PB accuses the press

PB has accused (on this forum) the press of turning out bull shit.
As 95% of his threads are started with a press report, I think this is a bit of a contradiction.
I gave him the chance of a justified reply, but none was forthcoming.
Perhapse he would like to justify his remark here.

PC
Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:36 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PB accuses the press

Originally posted by porkchop
As 95% of his threads are started with a press report, I think this is a bit of a contradiction.
I gave him the chance of a justified reply, but none was forthcoming.
Perhapse he would like to justify his remark here.

PC
Look at this in the press here how could it be true . this never happens in Australia does it.

Two face murder, torture changes
By Chris Herde
18aug03

TWO men faced murder and torture charges today after the death of a man in a Brisbane housefire last week.

The severely burned body of 46-year-old David Charles Meneely was found in the burnt out house at suburban Salisbury on Friday.

Jason Troy Fishburn, 23, and Patrick Francis Brown, 33, appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court to face a number of charges.

As well as being accused of murdering and torturing Mr Meneely, they were also charged with robbery with violence, interfering with a corpse and arson.

They did not enter a plea and did not ask for bail. The men were remanded in custody and will reappear for committal mention on November 24.

Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:47 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Look at this in the press here how could it be true . this never happens in Australia does it.

Two face murder, torture changes
By Chris Herde
18aug03

TWO men faced murder and torture charges today after the death of a man in a Brisbane housefire last week.

The severely burned body of 46-year-old David Charles Meneely was found in the burnt out house at suburban Salisbury on Friday.

Jason Troy Fishburn, 23, and Patrick Francis Brown, 33, appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court to face a number of charges.

As well as being accused of murdering and torturing Mr Meneely, they were also charged with robbery with violence, interfering with a corpse and arson.

They did not enter a plea and did not ask for bail. The men were remanded in custody and will reappear for committal mention on November 24.

This one ends with an unattributed press report?
Old Aug 18th 2003, 6:53 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by porkchop
He is right of course...now I feel dirty.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:30 pm
Banned

Thomas Harnell is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: PB accuses the press

Originally Posted by Megalania
This one ends with an unattributed press report?
This thread was started a long time ago, but I can now say that FISHBURN is serving 9 years and BROWN is currently on trial, with the jury being sent out to deliberate on Monday, the 23rd f of October, 2006. Jessica Van ACHTENBERG, Cory GIEZENDENNER and Justin WITSEN have all been convicted and are serving time.

David Meneely was best man at my first wedding in 1980 in Brisbane and was a good friend over the nearly three decades I knew him. To be killed by scum-bag drug addicts is an end not suitable for such a man as Dave.

I will be in the Court on Monday to see justice done, but how can one trust the system when there are things that we (family/friends/Police/DPP) know, but which the jury are not allowed to be told?

Cheers to any Poms in Oz,

Thomas Harnell
Old Oct 21st 2006, 12:33 pm
Banned

Thomas Harnell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thomas Harnell
This thread was started a long time ago, but I can now say that FISHBURN is serving 9 years and BROWN is currently on trial, with the jury being sent out to deliberate on Monday, the 23rd f of October, 2006. Jessica Van ACHTENBERG, Cory GIEZENDENNER and Justin WITSEN have all been convicted and are serving time.

David Meneely was best man at my first wedding in 1980 in Brisbane and was a good friend over the nearly three decades I knew him. To be killed by scum-bag drug addicts is an end not suitable for such a man as Dave.

I will be in the Court on Monday to see justice done, but how can one trust the system when there are things that we (family/friends/Police/DPP) know, but which the jury are not allowed to be told?

Cheers to any Poms in Oz,

Thomas Harnell
Sorry folks, here is the report from the SMH. They had not arrested one of the pricks when that went to press.

T.H.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 5:46 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Thomas Harnell
Sorry folks, here is the report from the SMH. They had not arrested one of the pricks when that went to press.

T.H.
Looks like the Moderators are still in bed PB. This alias has not been banned yet.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 6:27 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I am closing this thread as it is three years old.