Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

paying for visas etc

paying for visas etc

Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:03 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default paying for visas etc

hi folks,
how did you all pay for visa's etc?
I am about to send off my nursing assessment, and the payment is for $550 - do I send a bankers draft (not got credit card), will my bank do this in aus$, or is there some other way?

confused, as usual...!

thanks

sue
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:11 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: paying for visas etc

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi folks,
I am about to send off my nursing assessment, and the payment is for $550 - do I send a bankers draft (not got credit card), will my bank do this in aus$, or is there some other way?

confused, as usual...!

thanks

sue
Can you send them an International Money Order?
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:11 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

hi folks,

confused, as usual...!

thanks

sue

Hi Sue
The bank will do the bankers draft in aus dollars. It normally takes about 3 days. Thomas cook would do the draft quicker but they rip you off on the exchange rate.
Don't know if you can use a credit card, never tried.

Good luck.

Cheers.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

badger63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
yes thats what i did Lloyds bankers draft cost extra but worth it because it was in Oz $
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

We used credit card for both skills and visa - no probs and you know when they've got it as they charge the card.

Muzzman
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

hi folks,

confused, as usual...!

thanks

sue
I paid by Building Society cheque, had it made out in dollars, took about 3 days for order and cost about a tenner. The only good thing about paying by credit card is that you know all your stuff has arrived in Oz, when you get charged on your credit card bill........
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:23 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by S Oldfield
I paid by Building Society cheque, had it made out in dollars, took about 3 days for order and cost about a tenner. The only good thing about paying by credit card is that you know all your stuff has arrived in Oz, when you get charged on your credit card bill........

same here..... for the tra we sent a building society cheque..... ordered it ova the fone and they posted it to us....... charged us a tenner too.....

we did use our visa for the main application.....£707 or somethin like that...... for the same reason...... ya know when it's charged......- bit like a drive thro at macdonalds..... ie Mc quick!!!!!!

love boomie
xxxx
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default For those who paid by Credit Card

For those of you who paid by credit card, are you doing the application yourselves or using an agency. We are using an agency but like the idea of paying by credit card because like you say you know it has been received in Adelaide then.

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2004, 8:53 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all the replies.
off to the halifax next week then...

sue
Old Jan 8th 2004, 8:56 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Sue,

HSBC did me a bankers draft on the spot. Took about 20 mins and it cost £12.

Regards
Sarah