PAYE

Old Sep 28th 2012, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default PAYE

I cant seem to find an answer anywhere so am asking here!

If you leave Australia for good part way through a tax year, can you claim back, if any at all, the PAYE that you have paid on wages whilst working here during that part year only?

thanks.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PAYE

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate

If you leave Australia for good part way through a tax year, can you claim back, if any at all, the PAYE that you have paid on wages whilst working here during that part year only?

thanks.
if you've left part way through a tax year you've more than likely overpaid slightly, you will be due a refund of any overpayment.

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/co...tent/14747.htm
Old Sep 28th 2012, 3:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

thanks.
Only if it has been calculated incorrectly. But Australia would pro rate the personal allowance, which should mean PAYG has been calculated and paid correctly as you go.

This is different to the UK, there you are entitled to the full year personal allowance but if leaving part way through the year the full allowance won't have Ben used up and hence nearly everyone could expect a refund.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Thats what I was wondering, as they pro rata the personal allowance here.

It was just a question in case I left I could get something back! lol
Old Sep 28th 2012, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what I was wondering, as they pro rata the personal allowance here.

It was just a question in case I left I could get something back! lol
They pro rata the allowance, but also the tax brackets above it, so even in month one people pay a part of their salary at 30%, 37% or 45% depending on income.

However if you leave after two months anytrhing you paid at 30%, 37% or 45% is likely an overpayment
Old Sep 28th 2012, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

ahh ok.. cheers.