Pay and Tax

Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:20 am

Howard Jenings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pay and Tax

Myself and my wife do the same jobn, earn the same money and have the same dedcutions but for some reason she is paying $250 more tax a fortnight than I am, we can't chase it up today as the person in charge of pay is not in but does anyone know why this might be??
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

floss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pay and Tax

Check that she has claimed the tax-free threshold. When she started her job, she would have filled out a form and been asked a question along the lines of 'Do you wish to claim the tax-free threshold?' She may have ticked the wrong box.
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 9:23 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Pay and Tax

Originally Posted by Howard Jenings
Myself and my wife do the same jobn, earn the same money and have the same dedcutions but for some reason she is paying $250 more tax a fortnight than I am, we can't chase it up today as the person in charge of pay is not in but does anyone know why this might be??
It should be the same if everything is being done correctly.

The difference between Resident and Non resident for tax, on $50k, would be about $220 per fortnight.