Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passports back !!!!

Passports back !!!!

Old Jun 5th 2004, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Talking Passports back !!!!

Got our passports back yesterday from AHC with the nice sticker inside. All a bit of a whirlwind. Visa granted Wed 26/5, sent passports to AHC Sat 29/5, passports back Fri 4/6 !!

All we need to do now is sell the 'kin house !!!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2004, 2:49 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports back !!!!

Originally posted by Innyjim
Got our passports back yesterday from AHC with the nice sticker inside. All a bit of a whirlwind. Visa granted Wed 26/5, sent passports to AHC Sat 29/5, passports back Fri 4/6 !!

nice one -another one down
Old Jun 5th 2004, 2:54 pm
Go Banana's !!

oooh don't go there, torch the place and claim on the insurance
Wishing you good luck - someone somewhere must have my share

Jill

PS just come back from Disney Paris and spent my time at the airport grinning at my lovely visa, neatly placed inside, thinking 'God all that work for a little bit of paper '

Old Jun 5th 2004, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, well done!

Mrs JTL
Old Jun 5th 2004, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations

I have to admit that I am confused Why did you have to send off your passport? We are waiting for the visa decision and I thought that all I needed was the letter saying we had got it (hopefully) and then we just booked our flights?

Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2004, 6:55 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by jac16
Congratulations

I have to admit that I am confused Why did you have to send off your passport? We are waiting for the visa decision and I thought that all I needed was the letter saying we had got it (hopefully) and then we just booked our flights?

Thanks

The actual visa itself is a sticker inside your passport, not a letter.

Here's an example
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=232395
Old Jun 5th 2004, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Do you get this sticker before you travel (and can you get it put in in the UK) or do you get it when you enter Australia?
Old Jun 5th 2004, 7:23 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Do you get this sticker before you travel (and can you get it put in in the UK) or do you get it when you enter Australia?

Before you travel - when you go over you 'validate your visa', ie get your passport stamped.
I'm assuming you haven't received a letter confirming your visa yet? Once you do it should request you to forward your passports to have the visa put in it. DIMIA put them in, not you.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 7:26 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Congrats on your visa - good luck with your house
Old Jun 6th 2004, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally posted by mlbonner
Congrats on your visa - good luck with your house
Thanks all.

Yet another weekend of inactivity in the Great British housing market...... Here's hoping that it picks up next week for all those waiting !!

Cheers

IJ
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mlbonner
Before you travel - when you go over you 'validate your visa', ie get your passport stamped.
I'm assuming you haven't received a letter confirming your visa yet? Once you do it should request you to forward your passports to have the visa put in it. DIMIA put them in, not you.

Sorry to keep bothering you about this point - Your right, we are on tenderhooks waiting for the letter - Do we have to post the Passports to Australia or is it a UK address?

Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

martywild is an unknown quantity at this point

Post them to Australian High Commision in London. The leaflet enclosed with your Grant Letter explains all. We posted ours on Saturday.

Good luck.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:27 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Sorry to keep bothering you about this point - Your right, we are on tenderhooks waiting for the letter - Do we have to post the Passports to Australia or is it a UK address?

Thanks

To the AHC its in Strand, London. I'm sure your letter will tell you everything. The address is on their website if not
Old Jun 6th 2004, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help