Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Passport renewal for children

Passport renewal for children

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:58 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Passport renewal for children

I plan to fly to UK next year and still have 5 years left on my British Passport.

However my 2 childrens British passports have expired as they only last 5 years. I intend purchasing Australian Passports for them now and when mine expires getting one also.

My problem is;

when we land in UK or back home here in Melbourne and I have a UK one and they have an Oz one do we need to go through different gates?

Don't really want to purchase an Oz one yet ($200) when I have a perfectly good British One still.

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport renewal for children

Originally Posted by ljj
I plan to fly to UK next year and still have 5 years left on my British Passport.

However my 2 childrens British passports have expired as they only last 5 years. I intend purchasing Australian Passports for them now and when mine expires getting one also.

My problem is;

when we land in UK or back home here in Melbourne and I have a UK one and they have an Oz one do we need to go through different gates?

Don't really want to purchase an Oz one yet ($200) when I have a perfectly good British One still.

Thanks

If you are an Australian citizen then you must enter and leave Australia on an Australian passport.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:22 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Passport renewal for children

Oh I didn't realise that! Maybe that should be one of the questions they ask you when you apply for Citizenship!

Thank you for that,

LJJ