Passport Newal

Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

jimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant future
Default Passport Newal

Hi There everyone

We are patiently waiting news from our agents of our visa application(skilled designated sponsored), My hubby's passport is due to expire in March 06. Do you think we should renew now, is it easy enough to renew over in OZ?. I know if visa is granted you have to send passports away so I am a bit worried about renewing just in case we get word. My sponsor has not been interviewed yet and we front loaded medicals and police reports as hubby is 45 in July and we were concerned about getting the application in before his birthday. I am not expecting word for a few months any way.

Margaret
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Passport Newal

Originally Posted by jimarg
Hi There everyone

We are patiently waiting news from our agents of our visa application(skilled designated sponsored), My hubby's passport is due to expire in March 06. Do you think we should renew now, is it easy enough to renew over in OZ?. I know if visa is granted you have to send passports away so I am a bit worried about renewing just in case we get word. My sponsor has not been interviewed yet and we front loaded medicals and police reports as hubby is 45 in July and we were concerned about getting the application in before his birthday. I am not expecting word for a few months any way.

Margaret
I would apply for new passports then. Hubby has just told me you need at least six months on them to use them to travel to Oz.

Katie
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:26 am
ABCDiamond

It's also cheaper to renew in the UK

Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:33 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Although you don't need it for an Oz PR visa, you do need 6 months left for some of the places you may want to stopover on the way (e.g. Singapore). You can have up to 9 months of your current passport added onto the new one, so you may as well renew as your visa will go into the new passport. The renewal shouldn't take that long.

Regards
Alistair
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:51 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It's also cheaper to renew in the UK
hey ABC what's the process of renewing while out here in Oz, mine runs out in August....
Old Jun 14th 2005, 10:58 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There everyone

Margaret
Hi I posted a thread similar the other week and i've just sent mine off for renewal. I've got 3 years left on it but thought it would be better to do it before we go to cover the 5 year visa.

I've sent in by check and send via post office should be back within 2 weeks, you can pay extra and have it back in a week.

My other half is also 45 so know what you were going through with getting app in in time.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by walla1
hey ABC what's the process of renewing while out here in Oz, mine runs out in August....
Here is the link for the British High Commission in Canbera

http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/pas...ault.asp?id=79

Download the forms you need, and then send to the address given, you can pay by Credit Card.

Current Adult 32 page Passport 10 years is $147
Child 5 year passport $95

Courier fee $15.00

The telephone service costs $1.15 per minute, so use the internet service as much as possible

Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi I posted a thread similar the other week and i've just sent mine off for renewal. I've got 3 years left on it but thought it would be better to do it before we go to cover the 5 year visa.

I've sent in by check and send via post office should be back within 2 weeks, you can pay extra and have it back in a week.

My other half is also 45 so know what you were going through with getting app in in time.
I picked up the renewal forms recently and they said that you could only renew if your passport was within 9 months of running out. Is this really the case?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:14 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Here is the link for the British High Commission in Canbera

http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/pas...ault.asp?id=79

Download the forms you need, and then send to the address given, you can pay by Credit Card.

Current Adult 32 page Passport 10 years is $147
Child 5 year passport $95

Courier fee $15.00

The telephone service costs $1.15 per minute, so use the internet service as much as possible
cheers mate
Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:42 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Very helpful this one. Thanks ABC

I've only just arrived, but had a mini panic on before I left England because I found out that once the visa was issued, the passport number needs to be changed with DIMIA also.
Because we didn't know who was dealing with our case (and the company in the middle we're next to useless) I got nowhere with trying to get advice about how to change the passport number before travelling.

I'd definitely get it sorted in England if you've time. I would have if i could have ensured DIMIA would have been notified of the new passport number, but It just wasn't working for me.

Ended up travelling to Aus with the same passport so I could sort it out from here, and as soon as the visa is put in (this week) I have to arrange to get a new passport! And at cost.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
I picked up the renewal forms recently and they said that you could only renew if your passport was within 9 months of running out. Is this really the case?
No. they can add any period that your passport has left to run (in whole months, up to 9 months) to your new passport.

I checked everywhere on the form and asked the post office if there was a time limit of renewing, or did they at least need to know why I was renewing it with 3 years left and they said no can just renew it when you want!

you would think they would want to know why, wouldnt you?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:10 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Heres the link to the passport renewal page

http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/_1_applications/1_renewing.asp

You just need to fill in an application form which you can download and send 2 passport photos but only if your appearance has dramatically changed from the pictures that are already in your passport.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

jimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BKate
Heres the link to the passport renewal page

http://www.ukpa.gov.uk/_1_applications/1_renewing.asp

You just need to fill in an application form which you can download and send 2 passport photos but only if your appearance has dramatically changed from the pictures that are already in your passport.
Thanks you so much

Margaret
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by possoms

Thank you, my hubby is also a carpenter/joiner, we are applying in my name because my sister is sponsoring us but with Jim's trade. We are hoping to move from Scotland to Melbourne

Margaret
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:05 pm

Thank you, my hubby is also a carpenter/joiner, we are applying in my name because my sister is sponsoring us but with Jim's trade. We are hoping to move from Scotland to Melbourne

Margaret
Crikey small world, same age, same job must be a sign good luck with everything

we are off to sunny Tasmania