Reload this Page >

Passion fruit and Crows...

Passion fruit and Crows...

Old Jun 20th 2010, 1:57 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passion fruit and Crows...

Not a good mix i'm learning ...

Always wanted to grow passion fruit as I only got into them since arriving here, but have recently learnt I've got a vine growing in me garden ...

Now the problem.

Crows keep coming and doing this to em:

and they don't leave much behind!!

I've ran out and done the ole "endaxi endaxi" bit, and they DO fly off. But only to a tree a few gardens down, and they (could be 4 or 5) sit there and clock me ...

Last time I lingered for a while, and in the end they flew off. Haven't been in the garden since so could be fruitless now for all I know.

So, can anyone advise, 1. What to do, a net maybe?! ... but would need to be big as it covers quite a few metres, and 2. Any idea what or how ?!

I'm under the impression you just wait for them to fall (on their own), and away you go! ... or is there time in dark cupboards for a few days before ready? ... dunno, but here's one that got away!

I had a taste and very sweet, but wasn't TOO bad. Got prob 20 or so left as lost quite a few over last few days, but would very much like to keep the rest ...

Advice most welcome,

Cheers
Old Jun 20th 2010, 2:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passion fruit and Crows...

I think you need an electronic scare crow that is motion activated and shouts 'shit off ya bastards' whenever they come near.

Then you can booby trap the place and fill some of the passion fruits with explosives so the crows blow up and burst everywhere.

I dare you to dress up as a scare crow - go on I dare you.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I think you need an electronic scare crow that is motion activated and shouts 'shit off ya bastards' whenever they come near.

Then you can booby trap the place and fill some of the passion fruits with explosives so the crows blow up and burst everywhere.

I dare you to dress up as a scare crow - go on I dare you.
Is that a double dare Sam? ...
Old Jun 20th 2010, 3:44 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Is that a double dare Sam? ...
Yes it is, go on - dress up as a scarecrow and then when they come near you frighten the shit out of them so bad they wont eat passion fruit ever again, let alone land on your tree.

Make sure you give at least 3 a heart attack.

But please, take photos!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 4:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yes it is, go on - dress up as a scarecrow and then when they come near you frighten the shit out of them so bad they wont eat passion fruit ever again, let alone land on your tree.

Make sure you give at least 3 a heart attack.

But please, take photos!
You nutter! ...
Old Jun 20th 2010, 4:46 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have a passion fruit vine when I lived in Brisbane - the bats got 99% of them, whatever left was so bitter I wouldn't have eaten em anyway!
Old Jun 20th 2010, 8:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
I used to have a passion fruit vine when I lived in Brisbane - the bats got 99% of them, whatever left was so bitter I wouldn't have eaten em anyway!
Do see the bats around, but not seen em out the back, but these crows aint gonna leave any behind at this rate ...
Old Jun 20th 2010, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

I hate crows, horrible nasty things they are. Kill them, kill em all. They peck the eyes out of new born Lambs you know.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gmralston
I hate crows, horrible nasty things they are. Kill them, kill em all. They peck the eyes out of new born Lambs you know.
Don't know too much about to be honest, but from what i've seen of these lot, they're well