Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Partner Migration Poll - 2nd attempt!

View Poll Results: How long did DIMIA take to proces your partner migration application?
Less than 2 weeks
28.57%
2 Weeks to a month
28.57%
A month to A month-and-a-half
0%
A month-and-a-half to 2 months
0%
About 3 months
0%
3-6 Months
42.86%
Over 6 months
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Partner Migration Poll - 2nd attempt!

Old Aug 27th 2003, 1:05 pm
J&K
Forum Regular

J&K is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Partner Migration Poll - 2nd attempt!

Hi!

Here's a poll so we can get a better idea of how long it takes to process applications for partner migration to Australia.

To me it seems that there's a lot of variation in processing times depending on the mission doing the processing and the nationality of the migrating partner!

J&K
Old Aug 27th 2003, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex-Bournemouth now Sunny Florida, heading for Perth
WannabeWallaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Partner Migration Poll - 2nd attempt!

Originally posted by J&K
Hi!

Here's a poll so we can get a better idea of how long it takes to process applications for partner migration to Australia.

To me it seems that there's a lot of variation in processing times depending on the mission doing the processing and the nationality of the migrating partner!

J&K

It was actually 6 months to the day we got the visa from date of application, not front loaded as we weren't in any hurry and I hadn't joined this forum yet to know what front loading was!!!!

Best of luck to all still waiting!

Wannabe Wallaby
Old Aug 27th 2003, 3:54 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Everytime i sent stuff to Aus house....i had a reply/request/visa back within 2 weeks.

The bit that takes the longest is waiting for the damn police checks to come back.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 4:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I was one of the lucky ones that got an Australia House appointment in London - took me 30 minutes from handing the papers over until I had the visa in my sticky paw!
Old Aug 27th 2003, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Him outdoors front end loaded spouse visa took exactly 22 days from the day it was sent to AHC in London to the day we got it back (which was last Friday).