Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

which part of perth is best to live

which part of perth is best to live

Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all
Default Re: which part of perth is best to live

Originally Posted by aston man
i would live in a caravan wherever in perth...and thats the truth...

ast...
explain please
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:24 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
explain please
well i have just come back,and everywhere is the best part as far as i am concerned,we were all crying our eyes out coming home..

ast..
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all

oh I see ......thanks
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:53 pm
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ACE
If you will be working SOR look at Mandurah. Halls Head, Erskine, Falcon, Port Bouvard or if you want to be closer to Perth Secret Harbour. All of the places I mentioned are great for families, lots of parks and activities/classes for kids. There are good schools around and as far as renting is concerned you will get a lovely place for that sort of money. We are in Port Bouvard and live in a brand new 4 x 2 with stunning ocean and estuary views with plenty of outside space. The house is a short stroll to beach, canals and school and just 2 mins drive to shopping centre. We are paying $340 a week, for 300 to 400 a week you will have a good choice of nice properties.

I just noticed your boys ages our boys are almost 4 and 11 and they have blossomed since we moved here 6 months ago. The youngest goes to kindy 3 afternoons a week which he absolutely loves and on his non kindy days he goes to Mucky Ducks (arts and craft), Double Ducks (arts. craft, singing and drama) and swimming lessons. The eldest loves his school and outside school he goes to Hip Hop dance classes, surfing lessons, martial arts and swimming lessons. Our eldest was not interested in anything before we moved now he is like a different child.

Good luck
thanks very much for your reply there. thats been very useful for us. we will have to mmet up when we finally get there, we never realised how much work there is. with visas medicals and so on. shame they don't make it so difficult in the u.k.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:57 pm
simon and clare

funny you should say that as i found perths best kept secrete while i was there...

are you going to live by us??

ast
PLEASE TELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL USSSSSSSSSSS. don't be mean
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:02 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by JRB
Hi there, we used to live in Carine and I didn't meet any other Brits in the area. However at the local playgroup in Duncraig I met a few more but not many. The group I went to didn't have a single Brit in it, they were all locals and although quite nice I was hoping to meet some other Brits who were a long way from home and had small kids. I used to feel abit sad when I heard all the Aussie mums talking about their family get togethers and always felt like abit of an outsider. Anyway I reckon Carine and Duncraig were really nice suburbs with family size houses, good schools and lots of parks and 1 mile or so from the beach. However if money was no object Mosman Park and Cottesloe were even nicer. Anyway I'm now back in the UK and much prefer it here!Good luck with the move, most of Perth is nice.
thanks for the quote, what made you move back to the u.k
Old Mar 7th 2007, 9:05 pm
simon and clare

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER
I TOO AM PLANNING ON GOING TO PERTHY AND HAVE 2 YOUNG SONS SO AM WATCHING THIS THREAD WITH INTEREST
(SORRY FOR SHOUTING!)
thanks for the reply, how far along are you with visa applications and so on. do u live anywhere in the east midlands. would be to go with some new "friends". hehehe
Old Mar 8th 2007, 1:17 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toddsim
thanks very much for your reply there. thats been very useful for us. we will have to mmet up when we finally get there, we never realised how much work there is. with visas medicals and so on. shame they don't make it so difficult in the u.k.
No worries. You're right it is a bit of a slog and really stressful at times but it is totally worth it 100%. Drop us a line when you get here and we will be happy to meet up.

Good Luck
ACE
Old Mar 8th 2007, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
With the shortage of rentals at the moment in Perth, you may not have a lot of choice about where you live to start with anyway. When we first arrived a year ago, rentals were really hard to get and we ended up in Quinns Rocks, much further north than we had planned. Once our six months was up, we bought in an area we wanted to live in [Duncraig in the Northern Suburbs].

Don't sweat about it too much to start with, concentrate more on getting established etc etc. THEN you can research where you want to live long-term.

p.s. Other posters are right - some Northern Suburbs are packed with british expats. {Craigie comes to mind} Some may like it, some may not.

There aren't that many British in Craigie, not compared to Joondalup, Carramarr or Kinross etc

Last edited by bex 66; Mar 8th 2007 at 5:49 am.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 5:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Iluka a.k.a Ilukapool !
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

i would live in a caravan wherever in perth...and thats the truth...

ast...
There's a nice caravan park in Mindarie you might want to check out. Right next to the beach.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Exile
There's a nice caravan park in Mindarie you might want to check out. Right next to the beach.
Quinns rocks, right by the surf club. That will be multi million dollar houses within the next few years.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Quinns rocks, right by the surf club. That will be multi million dollar houses within the next few years.
That's a shame. Some of the finest housing in that area is on that site, in my view.

Is it in Quinns? On my map it looks like it's Mindarie, but they probably moved the border just to stop it dragging down the median house price.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:41 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Exile
That's a shame. Some of the finest housing in that area is on that site, in my view.

Is it in Quinns? On my map it looks like it's Mindarie, but they probably moved the border just to stop it dragging down the median house price.
I think technically it is Mindarie cross the road and you're in Quinns.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renth
I think technically it is Mindarie cross the road and you're in Quinns.
I just had a look at the UBD and I think you're right, the site is called Quinns Rocks (Caravan Park?), but it seems Quinns Road is the border. I bet it's been there longer than Mindarie.

I cycle along there a couple of times a week. Really nice bit of ocean. I'm moving next week, and will miss it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.