Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

which part of perth is best to live

which part of perth is best to live

Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:34 pm
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile which part of perth is best to live

we are looking to move to perth, we are looking at houses to rent to in freemantle. Is this a good place to live or is there better. We really want to be beside the sea. no pun inteneded. thanks for reading, simon
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice
Default Re: which part of perth is best to live

Look don't take this the wrong way, and I know how hard it is to move out there, but you wont get any real idea until you are out there.

One mans shit is another mans sugar
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:48 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toddsim
we are looking to move to perth, we are looking at houses to rent to in freemantle. Is this a good place to live or is there better. We really want to be beside the sea. no pun inteneded. thanks for reading, simon
That really depends on where you work. If you live in Freemantle but work in Joondalup then it's not a good place to be. Like WP says, you won't know until you get there what you like.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:51 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Freo is OK, but doesnt really have nice beaches as it the major port. Further north or south but will depend on how much you want to spend.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Whingin Pom
Look don't take this the wrong way, and I know how hard it is to move out there, but you wont get any real idea until you are out there.

One mans shit is another mans sugar
Very true

I spent a lot of time researching different areas but until you see them first hand it's impossible to really understand what they're like
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:46 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate, if you are a young professional couple with no kids and a lot of disposable income, I would whole heartedly recommend Freo, close to the cafes, bars etc.....not much of a beach though - it's a port! However, if you are a family, there is VERY little in the way of family accommodation in this area, it's all apartments and units. The houses you do see are much older than other parts of Perth and WA, and bloody expensive. I would look further NOR or SOR depending on where your work will be based.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:29 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i spent a month driving round perth and it was a complete waste of time,,

if i was to recommend a way to find where to live its quite easy...

sit down at a table with your wife and a map..

look at what you want from perth,centrally located,school,work,pubs,travelling times,beaches,house prices..etc,etc..

do a bit of research into areas you fancy,,and then go and have a look at them..

i found when driving round ,you just dont have got a clue what you are looking for,its just to big and everywhere looks the same..can you imagine driving around london with no knowledge of the areas.you dont stand a chance...

have you got access to a real estate website..??

people will help you with every area you fancy..

good luck .........ast..

Last edited by aston man; Mar 4th 2007 at 7:56 am.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:53 am
Banned

Bobbie Semtex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
Mate, if you are a young professional couple with no kids and a lot of disposable income, I would whole heartedly recommend Freo, close to the cafes, bars etc.....not much of a beach though - it's a port! However, if you are a family, there is VERY little in the way of family accommodation in this area, it's all apartments and units. The houses you do see are much older than other parts of Perth and WA, and bloody expensive. I would look further NOR or SOR depending on where your work will be based.
RUBBISH!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:58 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bobbie Semtex
RUBBISH!
Ah, so constructive!

At least explain why, so that people may actually benefit from your informative first post!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look around, plant your flag where you think you would like to live and suit your needs.

I don't think you can do that until you have looked

Hugs Lace xx
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:46 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
I agree with Fluffy

I love Freo

I have a family " 2 adults, 2 kids" i live in the hills

I pop (20 mins or so) to Freo on market day or because i need to have a bit of history (it has an old feel to it for me!!!)

I wouln't want to live here with my family!!!

depends upon what you are looking for really!!
Way up NOR ther are pockets of pom communities!!]]

Way down South you will find the same

what r u looking for???

I live surrounded up Aussies, most of our friends are Aussies!! but thats why we came here!! to live in Australia!!!

Last edited by Sam; Mar 4th 2007 at 12:48 pm. Reason: wrong person!!!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 2:25 pm
simon and clare

toddsim is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alan and sam
I agree with Fluffy

I love Freo

I have a family " 2 adults, 2 kids" i live in the hills

I pop (20 mins or so) to Freo on market day or because i need to have a bit of history (it has an old feel to it for me!!!)

I wouln't want to live here with my family!!!

depends upon what you are looking for really!!
Way up NOR ther are pockets of pom communities!!]]

Way down South you will find the same

what r u looking for???

I live surrounded up Aussies, most of our friends are Aussies!! but thats why we came here!! to live in Australia!!!
thanks for the replys everybody, we just wanted to get an idea of some nice parts of perth to live in. We are a family with two boys aged 4 and 11, so good schools are very important to us. We have looked at freo on the net and real estate websites they looked ok from here at least. we want to rent somewhere for about 350 to 400 dollars at week not too expensive.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 11:57 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the replys everybody, we just wanted to get an idea of some nice parts of perth to live in. We are a family with two boys aged 4 and 11, so good schools are very important to us. We have looked at freo on the net and real estate websites they looked ok from here at least. we want to rent somewhere for about 350 to 400 dollars at week not too expensive.
If you will be working SOR look at Mandurah. Halls Head, Erskine, Falcon, Port Bouvard or if you want to be closer to Perth Secret Harbour. All of the places I mentioned are great for families, lots of parks and activities/classes for kids. There are good schools around and as far as renting is concerned you will get a lovely place for that sort of money. We are in Port Bouvard and live in a brand new 4 x 2 with stunning ocean and estuary views with plenty of outside space. The house is a short stroll to beach, canals and school and just 2 mins drive to shopping centre. We are paying $340 a week, for 300 to 400 a week you will have a good choice of nice properties.

I just noticed your boys ages our boys are almost 4 and 11 and they have blossomed since we moved here 6 months ago. The youngest goes to kindy 3 afternoons a week which he absolutely loves and on his non kindy days he goes to Mucky Ducks (arts and craft), Double Ducks (arts. craft, singing and drama) and swimming lessons. The eldest loves his school and outside school he goes to Hip Hop dance classes, surfing lessons, martial arts and swimming lessons. Our eldest was not interested in anything before we moved now he is like a different child.

Good luck

Last edited by ACE; Mar 5th 2007 at 12:08 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:09 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
i spent a month driving round perth and it was a complete waste of time,,

if i was to recommend a way to find where to live its quite easy...

sit down at a table with your wife and a map..

look at what you want from perth,centrally located,school,work,pubs,travelling times,beaches,house prices..etc,etc..

do a bit of research into areas you fancy,,and then go and have a look at them..

i found when driving round ,you just dont have got a clue what you are looking for,its just to big and everywhere looks the same..can you imagine driving around london with no knowledge of the areas.you dont stand a chance...

have you got access to a real estate website..??

people will help you with every area you fancy..

good luck .........ast..

We did alot of research prior to going to Perth, checked out schools, parks, hospitals. How near we would be to cities and beaches. In fact the whole of last year was spent doing this. So when we got to Perth we had 16 wonderful days there and it was a great help to us. We checked out all the areas that we had reaseerched. Some where good and some where not so good.

We know exactley where we will be going and which school the kids will be going to.....all we need is a one way flight and a few thousand bucks
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Issie
We did alot of research prior to going to Perth, checked out schools, parks, hospitals. How near we would be to cities and beaches. In fact the whole of last year was spent doing this. So when we got to Perth we had 16 wonderful days there and it was a great help to us. We checked out all the areas that we had reaseerched. Some where good and some where not so good.

We know exactley where we will be going and which school the kids will be going to.....all we need is a one way flight and a few thousand bucks
And where might that be or is it a closely guarded secret?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.