Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Parent Visa Advise Please

Parent Visa Advise Please

Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:24 am
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice
Default Parent Visa Advise Please

Hi guys Im after more help this time its to do with my husbands parents who I love dearly. We want to get them over here to live, can anyone tell me how we can go about this and how long it can take as they are missing us all very much and they need to be here with there children and grandchildren and with a bub on the way it would be great to know we can get them over here I know it will probably take time but is it possible and can it happen. Can anyone help please
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent Visa Advise Please

Originally Posted by Emmaline
Hi guys Im after more help this time its to do with my husbands parents who I love dearly. We want to get them over here to live, can anyone tell me how we can go about this and how long it can take as they are missing us all very much and they need to be here with there children and grandchildren and with a bub on the way it would be great to know we can get them over here I know it will probably take time but is it possible and can it happen. Can anyone help please
there is some info here
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

How many children in total do they have ?

How many of those children live in AUS ?

Has 1 child lived in AUS for 2 or more years ?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:06 am
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice

Hi sorry its taken a while to reply they have two children both have emigrated over here and have only been here for 12 weeks

Originally Posted by tabby
How many children in total do they have ?

How many of those children live in AUS ?

Has 1 child lived in AUS for 2 or more years ?
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi sorry its taken a while to reply they have two children both have emigrated over here and have only been here for 12 weeks

One of the children has to have been a permanant resident for 2 years, sorry looks like you will have to wait awhile

Take a look at this visa for a longer term visitor visa.

It may be worthwhile speaking to an agent about it all, to make sure that you have everything ready for when you can apply for the parent visa, or to see if there is any other way for them to get out sooner.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:58 am
Just Joined

ethicals is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't make out how old the children are but if I've read the parent Booklet right if the child is under 18 then they can have another Sponsor take their place.

So for example our children are going for PR as their both under 18 and then they are going to apply for their Mother to get Contributory Parent Visa but I think I'm right in saying because their under 18 as their Father and step-parent (and PR's ourselves) we can step in and be the Sponsor.

Does anyone think I've got this wrong ?

Thanks and good luck with getting them out.

Ethicals

Originally Posted by Wendy
One of the children has to have been a permanant resident for 2 years, sorry looks like you will have to wait awhile

Take a look at this visa for a longer term visitor visa.

It may be worthwhile speaking to an agent about it all, to make sure that you have everything ready for when you can apply for the parent visa, or to see if there is any other way for them to get out sooner.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:00 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

There's quite a wait still for the Parent visa but if they are able to bribe their way in (as we did) the Contributory Parent visa is almost a drive-thru' in comparison.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
There's quite a wait still for the Parent visa but if they are able to bribe their way in (as we did) the Contributory Parent visa is almost a drive-thru' in comparison.
But this is running out at just about/over 12 months now by current standards. See Cont Parents thread in the Barbie section.