MP3 Players

Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

ktee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant future
Default MP3 Players

Hello.

I need something to store music on for my travels before settling in oz, we will be on the road for a few months. Im thinking of an mp3 player but havent got a clue what to get. I just want something easy to use something i can put a load of cds on. Something small that i can plug into a car stereo etc. Bearing in mind im new to all this what sort of thing would people recommend.? What sort of mb will i need. As i say it will be for music only...... Or maybe i could get one which i could store digital photos on. ?
Any ideas or info would be much appreciated.

THanks
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:50 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MP3 Players

Originally Posted by ktee
Hello.

I need something to store music on for my travels before settling in oz, we will be on the road for a few months. Im thinking of an mp3 player but havent got a clue what to get. I just want something easy to use something i can put a load of cds on. Something small that i can plug into a car stereo etc. Bearing in mind im new to all this what sort of thing would people recommend.? What sort of mb will i need. As i say it will be for music only...... Or maybe i could get one which i could store digital photos on. ?

THanks
Must admit even though I'm already in Aus I'm leaning towards the IPOD although I initialy avoided it. Our CD player died on the trip over got to this end and said sod off i'm not playing nowt although the Radio is fine.

Anyway, to get back to the point if you buy the extra attachment for the IPOD for about 40 or 50 quid it allows you to play it direct through anything that picks up FM signals so you can play your IPOD through the car radio or a normal house radio just like a radio station and have the freedom to move it from car to car room to room in the house where you have anything picking up FM.

You can get 8 GB ones straight from Apple now.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:06 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.

THanks

Sandisc Sansia absolutely superb sound, the one my daughter has you can put in additional SD cards, so u can download loads of CD's onto seperate cards,
Old Nov 10th 2006, 1:23 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Sandisc Sansia absolutely superb sound, the one my daughter has you can put in additional SD cards, so u can download loads of CD's onto seperate cards,
That would be a Sansa Sandisk
We just got the 4gb E260 model $250.
cool little unit, much better value than the IPOD, just having trouble with my laptop as its running Win2K so a few connection issues to resolve, but should be on to it over the weekend.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about

Thanks to Biggy and Steve, I now don't need to ask about the Sansa. 1st born wants one for christmas and I wasn't too sure if an ipod would be better, but i'll just go with the request now.

Thanks
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by steve99
cool little unit, much better value than the IPOD, just having trouble with my laptop as its running Win2K so a few connection issues to resolve, but should be on to it over the weekend.

Always thought it was the Sandisk Sansa oh well lol its good
Old Nov 10th 2006, 3:38 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Always thought it was the Sandisk Sansa oh well lol its good
Your right it is, we're both illiterate but my Sansa Sandisk was closer than your "Sandisc Sansia "
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:32 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Both of our daughters have a Creative Zen Nano Plus and they come in a wide range of colours. They are easy to use and have a fantastic sound.

Lorraine
Old Nov 10th 2006, 4:46 am

Your right it is, we're both illiterate but my Sansa Sandisk was closer than your "Sandisc Sansia "

o i stop takin the piss can I help it I canny spell lol
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:53 am

Does it have the FM option though (poster before... and is the idea with the IPOD not that you just have one mega memory rather than lots of seperate cards?)?
Old Nov 10th 2006, 8:26 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MP3 Players

I have the Creative Zen Vision:M and have put every tape, CD and vinyl record I have on it, plus all the videos I've ever taken of my daughters and every photo I have ever taken of them.

It still has 20Gb / 30Gb left free!

For Video IPOD users agree it is better than the IPOD - for audio similar quality.

Paid around £180 from www.ebuyer.com. I also found this great site to get accessories for all MP3 players from - www.i-nique.com

Buzzy
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I have the Creative Zen Vision:M and have put every tape, CD and vinyl record I have on it, plus all the videos I've ever taken of my daughters and every photo I have ever taken of them.

It still has 20Gb / 30Gb left free!

For Video IPOD users agree it is better than the IPOD - for audio similar quality.

Paid around £180 from www.ebuyer.com. I also found this great site to get accessories for all MP3 players from - www.i-nique.com

Buzzy
Cheers will suss it out.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello.

THanks
i've got an ipod but the samsung x5 takes photos too and has a stunning 35 hour battery life compared to about 14 for the nano
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MP3 Players

Originally Posted by annqldau
Cheers will suss it out.
I'll show you it when I see you (oo-er missus)

Buzzy
Old Nov 11th 2006, 8:27 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I have an iPod mini 4gb (they no longer do the mini's) Anyway, I bought mine purely because it was pink, all the rage and because everyone had one.

I would now probably choose something else, not because the iPod isn't great - I love mine but because of the fact that it doesn't have regular batteries - so you either need to charge it through a computer or through a special mains adaptor. Eventually the iPod will charge no more and you have to either replace the battery at Apple (expensive) or buy a new iPod.

I do love it though - I have 266 songs on there and that is only about 1.1gb!