painters wages

Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light
Default painters wages

just beginning our process of migrating to oz really wanted to know about wages for painters. My husband is a qualified painter and decorater so going on a skilled visa also dont no where in oz need to go where the work is? Any help would be great!!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice
Default Re: painters wages

Try this web site as it has wages for all jobs I can think of http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/...eId=AlphaSearch

Good luck
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Big dreamers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hjmilligan
just beginning our process of migrating to oz really wanted to know about wages for painters. My husband is a qualified painter and decorater so going on a skilled visa also dont no where in oz need to go where the work is? Any help would be great!!
Hi ,i am also just starting the process and i am also a time served painter and decorator.To be honest,the wages will be rubbish in comparison to here.But then all wages are lower.I emailed a firm in brisbane and he said to look his company up when we get over.There is work out there.

My wife is a hairdresser and gets more points than me ,so she is the main person on all our forms.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:35 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hjmilligan

my husband is a p & d as well. we are just about to submit main application (TRA passed in june this year). if you do a search on the forum you might find out about wages. also if you look at job websites, it sometimes give the wages. self employed earn more than working for a company it seems, but depending on the state, you have to be registered under the 'master painters association' (MPA). have a look at

www.masterpainters.com.au
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Big dreamers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
my husband is a p & d as well. we are just about to submit main application (TRA passed in june this year). if you do a search on the forum you might find out about wages. also if you look at job websites, it sometimes give the wages. self employed earn more than working for a company it seems, but depending on the state, you have to be registered under the 'master painters association' (MPA). have a look at

www.masterpainters.com.au

We are just downloading our tra form to fill in.Did you find it straight forward enough?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:47 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big dreamers
We are just downloading our tra form to fill in.Did you find it straight forward enough?
we used an agent, they did it all
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

I spoke to my friend this morning who's husband is a p & d and she was saying that a friend of theirs who has just got over to oz and is also a p & d has started work on the Sunshine coast and was on very good money, with good benefits to go with the job as well.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
I spoke to my friend this morning who's husband is a p & d and she was saying that a friend of theirs who has just got over to oz and is also a p & d has started work on the Sunshine coast and was on very good money, with good benefits to go with the job as well.

ooohhh this sounds good, could you find out more please or a contact number would be even better! as we're heading there and my hubby a p and d and a bit worried he might not get work.

thanks , debbie
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 7:55 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by debbiemc
ooohhh this sounds good, could you find out more please or a contact number would be even better! as we're heading there and my hubby a p and d and a bit worried he might not get work.

thanks , debbie

can i have it too, pretty pretty please. i will give lots of karma

the thing is, you dont know until you get over there. and, i cant see many p + d firms employing painters before they get into the country, so you have to wait until you are there. or, is it better to go self-employed?

decisions, decisions.............
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:29 pm
Never going back

i gather from the lack of feedback, and 'austimeline' and searches on this forum, that there are not too many painters and decorators about?

any more for any more? make yourself known!!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Painting work is usually on new build houses and units.

The subcontractor touts for work and employs other painters, the work is usually casual or contact to contract, unless your the subcontactor with the license (and overheads) the pay is about $16 - $18 an hour.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 8:45 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Painting work is usually on new build houses and units.

The subcontractor touts for work and employs other painters, the work is usually casual or contact to contract, unless your the subcontactor with the license (and overheads) the pay is about $16 - $18 an hour.

hurrraaahhhhh...................

sorry, its a bit of an unknown quantity this p + d lark.
thanks for your feedback. i suppose it depends on the usual - area; lack of painters; etc