Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Paediatric nurses?

Paediatric nurses?

Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough
Default Paediatric nurses?

Hi all, im looking at moving over to Tasmania in the next year or so with the family. We are both nurses, so it shouldnt be a huge problem...however i cannot see any information anywhere regarding my partners Paediatric qualififcation. She is an RN (Child) here in UK - does anyone know if it is recognised in Oz - if not this blows a huge hole in our plans, so im crossing fingers that it is recognised.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Lewis2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paediatric nurses?

Originally Posted by SmogMonster
Hi all, im looking at moving over to Tasmania in the next year or so with the family. We are both nurses, so it shouldnt be a huge problem...however i cannot see any information anywhere regarding my partners Paediatric qualififcation. She is an RN (Child) here in UK - does anyone know if it is recognised in Oz - if not this blows a huge hole in our plans, so im crossing fingers that it is recognised.

Hi cant help but have a look in the Jobs Forum under Nursing you may get a response.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Hi
It certainly is recognised!!
When did she gain her qualifications?
You need to register with the state you want to work in,then you need to register your qualifications with AMNC
http://www.anmc.org.au/

jase

around $400 dollars each for both(modified versioncheapest,but not the quickest so im told)

Last edited by JCSUPERMOTO; Jan 27th 2009 at 10:33 am.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:34 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
,then you need to register your qualifications with AMNC

jase
Not necessarily.

If a couple are both nurses then only one needs to apply to the ANMC for points.....for a skilled visa

The other partner can be on the first partner's visa and only needs to register in the state.

G
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Whatever!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
Whatever!!!!
Cheers folks, that helps. My partner qaulified same as me in March 99...we met at University, and she is now a Health Visitor, so will be looking for Child Health Nurse jobs, of which Tasmania seems to plenty of vacancies at the moment. I'll work anything, doesnt matter to me, though my background is A+E/CCU and currently in Offshore and remote medicine. Ive been in contact with Tas Health Board and didnt get an entirely clear answer, but they seem otherwise helpful. If it only needs one of us to apply for the PR then thats great, save a few quid..i mean dollars.

Out of interest, why do we still need to register with the ANMC...i was under the impression that it is not required for UK qualified nurses, or am i mistaken?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmogMonster
Out of interest, why do we still need to register with the ANMC...i was under the impression that it is not required for UK qualified nurses, or am i mistaken?
You register with the state in which you wish to work.

You apply to the ANMC if you need the points in order to apply for an independent skilled visa.

G