Reload this Page >

help & advice required on move to Oz please

help & advice required on move to Oz please

Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:23 am
Just Joined

aprince is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help & advice required on move to Oz please

Hi all, nice to meet you!
We are a family planning to move to Mandurah in July/August 09, we had our temp visa granted( 163 state sponsored business) for a year already, but haven't been able to make the permanent move due to failure to sell property here in the U.K. We have decided that we will be making the move regardless of not having the funds that we originally thought we would have. A few questions for anybody with honest advice to give..

1.Dogs. we have 2 large dogs that we are planning to bring, what is the reality of finding rental accomodation?

2. Work. I am able to work as OH is the main applicant and cannot be employed. Though I am a masage therapist with experience and qualifications, I will do almost any type of job to prop our funds up, I have read on this forum that it may not be as easy as I think. I do have a temp visa stamp in the passport, permitting me to work, I am wrong in optimisticallly thinking that charm, friendliness and good looks (lol) will allow me to find some work? Like wise my oldest son will be 19 and looking for a job to fill in until University

3. 16 year old son. My youngest son will be 16 and just finished his GCSES here, he will be doing his A levels equivalent and I know that the college year starts in Feb, so he will be kicking around for months, would it be a good idea to get him into school if possible, just for the last few months of the school year to make friends

Thanks for reading and any advice on these situations would be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: help & advice required on move to Oz please

I'm probably not qualified to answer as I only have 2 very young boys, but re q.3 your youngest son. I would say that it would be a good idea to try and get him into school for a few months not just for making friends, but getting the hang of the way things work and finding out what level the other children are at over there. The curriculum will probably be quite different. Also, there are certain subjects, like Maths, where it is better to keep using it than forget the techniques.